MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Best time/way to upgrade from Live 8 to Live 9/10 Suite
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Best time/way to upgrade from Live 8 to Live 9/10 Suite
gentle_attack
After a while of focusing on hardware, I have uncovered an APC40 in my storage and thought I might revisit Ableton, especially Operator and M4L (and I see Push 2 used prices have dropped a ton, which looks like a great tool). I own a student version of Live 8, upon loggin in, it is saying $315 USD to get up to speed on a full L9 suite which can convert to 10.

I kind of recall people saying there are Black Friday/Holiday sales to upgrade, which I've clearly missed. $315 doesn't seem bad considering how cheap I got the L8 student version I own, but I don't want to wire over the money to find out I could have saved $100 or more doing it a different way.

Cheers and thanks in advance!
Gribs
I paid $239 for the Live 9 Suite to Live 10 Suite during the initial offer. I would say $315 to go from Live 8 Student (just Live 8 offered at a discount to students, correct?) to Live 9 Suite with upgrade to Live 10 Suite upon release included is a decent deal. You get quite a bit for that in addition to Max for Live.
jimfowler
i went with the live 9 suite upgrade that includes the free upgrade to 10 suite once released. i figured i'd do it eventually (i always do)...might as well take advantage of the current discount.
gentle_attack
Gribs wrote:
I paid $239 for the Live 9 Suite to Live 10 Suite during the initial offer. I would say $315 to go from Live 8 Student (just Live 8 offered at a discount to students, correct?) to Live 9 Suite with upgrade to Live 10 Suite upon release included is a decent deal. You get quite a bit for that in addition to Max for Live.

Correct, bought the initial Live 8 with a student email address.

That was my initial thought too, that $315 didn't seem like a ton of money, my second thought was apprehension that maybe Ableton prices had fallen through the roof or something. I have never gotten to work with Suite before, but one of my complaints with Live 8 in the first place was the handcuffing since I didn't have Suite (couldn't use sampler, couldn't use other packs).

I may just go for it!
hamildad
I just upgraded and the price for suite from 8 standard was comparatively better than getting 10 standard & m4L. looking through my old emails, it seems that when a new Ableton version comes out, a 25% discount is normally offered before the release.

this discount was 20% but I wouldn't expect any more than that.
liquid234
Was considering the upgrade from Live 9 to Suite 10 as well. I am in usa, wondering if buying from UK is the way to go:

http://sxpro.co.uk/ableton-live-9-suite-upgrade-from-live9

Without VAT, it is £157 (about $215). It is a download delivery so no duties owed (i think). Or is there a flaw is the ointment? Anyone have experiences?
Thanks! thumbs up
liquid234
Time running out for sale! Live 10 released February 6.

I bought from sxpro, like mentioned above. Totaled about $230, due to exchange rate. Still a durn good deal upgrade from Live 9. thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1