MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

208p build thread (papz's PCBs)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 [all]
Author 208p build thread (papz's PCBs)
papz
There are dual outputs stages for the panel settings and for the program card slot settings. Your problem is probably related to the card one and affects the global performance when in both mode because both stages are active.
If swapping the 4013s (there are 2) doesn't help, there's maybe a short or bad contact somewhere.
fg
hello

I hear a little "the pulser" in the co, is there a solution to this little problem ?

a trim to turn ?

but may be is it normal, this is the first time that i use this machine.
100% noob

thank you again
papz
Let me quote the build notes. wink
http://www.portabellabz.be/images/208/208%20build%20notes_final.pdf

Quote:
LEDs and bleed
The LEDs, mostly the pulser's and envelope's ones, affect the oscillators pitch. This can be
attenuated by the addition of series resistors. To add a resistor to the pulser's and envelope's LED, cut the
PCB trace between the 2N1711 and Molex connector (there's only one, on the solder side) of
boards 3 and 4 and bridge the cut with a resistor.
Add a resistor in series with the other LEDs can be done on the motherboard the same way.
Depending on the LEDs you use, select a resistor in order to achieve the best possible
compromise between LED brightness and oscillators drift.
With the LEDs suggested above, 10k resistors are fine.

Sequencer
If the sequencer sometimes erraticaly skips a step, the 4013s are probably in cause. Some new
ones work fine, others don't. All the NOS ones I tested are ok.
fg
i reed build notes a long time ago but i forget, that's perfect !!! thanx
d'oh!

i command V4013D and after it will be ok i hope/think
fg
applause

10K is perfect !!!

thx
fg
for the information

v4013D won't fix my sequencer problem in "both mode" in the first time

very frustrating

i switched ic 2 to 4 and 4 to 2 and ok with 4 and 5 steps but problem with 3 steps

sad banana

thx
papz
thumbs up thanks for the info
4001s may have weird behavior, I had problems with some too, despite my IC tester says they are ok.
fg
i change the ic3 on card 1 and everyting seems ok now
It's peanut butter jelly time!
thanx again
Chaotic
My issue with this was solved with decoupling caps on half of the chips on card one nanners
papz
Yes decoupling caps can help too but I prefer to have good working ICs.
I can't help thinking that adding caps heals the symptom but doesn't cure the disease, despite it works.
tronotape

Having an issue with my MO. This is also effecting the square, however the triangle is completely fine.

On a separate note: CO sine had a small dimple in it that was solved after replacing card 8’s 4066 to a 4016.
papz
Did you try and replace the ICs on board 6 ?
wedaman
MO has many troubles.
You need luck and detailed troubleshooting is to succeed.
tronotape
Solved after replacing ic’s. Thanks.

On to calibration. Does the HF trimpot have a very narrow range? I’m not getting much of anything out of it during calibration. I’ve got the frequency pretty well matched up to the panel, I’ve replaced R14 with 44k and tried everything from 90k to 200k on R44, but can’t really get good tracking.
papz
The trimpot range is limited, it's for fine tuning in the high frequency only.
With the resistor values mentioned in the BOM and proper adjustment of the panel trim and MO range trimpots you'd be able to get good tracking over about 5 octaves for 1V/oct or 1.2V/oct.

It's good to let the synth warm up for 10 minutes at least before tracking calibration.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 [all]
Page 15 of 15