MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

208p build thread (papz's PCBs)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Author 208p build thread (papz's PCBs)
search64
Working through the BOM posted earlier in this thread, it's good to note that especially in the case of all the XICON resistors that it's actually cheaper to order 10 than 2-9. A single resistor is 14 cents, 10 are 19 cents. Since it's always good to have some extra, I'd say it's good to order at least 10 of each value.

I'm also seeing that Mouser states the LM301 is end of life, with no through hole alternative available. There's still plenty available now, but perhaps it's good to see if a more opamp would work in these positions?

Lastly, the BOM has no IC sockets.
bemerritt
Anyone find a suitable IC for the adaptor board that is available either on mouser or digikey?
papz
SMT 3046s are available from Mouser, these should work with a DIP/SMT adapter like 535-14-350000-11-RC
papz
The panels and reverb frames are back in stock.

If you bought the PCB set only you should receive an e-mail from me, in case the e-mail doesn't arrive, please contact me.

These are NOT available standalone to people who didn't buy the PCB set. It's not worth asking.
Bundles including PCB, panel and reverb frame will be available in March via my website.

Thanks
search64
Can't wait for the PCB sets! It's peanut butter jelly time!
cygmu
papz wrote:
The panels and reverb frames are back in stock.

These are NOT available standalone to people who didn't buy the PCB set. It's not worth asking.

Once the PCBs are available, if someone buys one set of PCBs, is it worth asking whether they might be able to buy two panels?
papz
Yes
beautyofdecay_
Is connecting pin 2 and 7 on the pa726 PCB only needed for card 6 or also for card 7?
papz
It's needed for both on the early pA726 (with square corners) but not on the latest revision (with roundish corners).
beautyofdecay_
Thanks!
I only saw the wire on one of the PCBs in the pictures on your site so I just wanted to be sure.
papz
Yes, sorry, I really should change these pics. (hides)
This was the very first batch and a trace was missing on the board 6 connector, hence the cable. For board 7, the 2-7 link was on the board itself.

I removed the pics and will try and do new ones this weekend.
bemerritt
papz wrote:
This was the very first batch and a trace was missing on the board 6 connector, hence the cable. For board 7, the 2-7 link was on the board itself.

I can send you some pics once i build mine up this weekend if you want.
papz
Thanks for the kind offer, your pics will most likely be better than mines thumbs up
Which IC will you use btw ?
bemerritt
Ended up going with a US ebay seller (had good ratings) that had quick shipping. Cheaper than the adapter plus the alternative IC.

Excited to finally get the 'other' adaptations off my build and get some good tracking.
beautyofdecay_
papz wrote:

No problem, that's why I asked cool
I'm using the old version (square corners) of the PCB btw.

Here is a picture of my build. Feel free to use it on your website if it's useful.

papz
Thanks, nice pic.
Hope the headers won't make adjusting the motherboard trimpots too tricky.
beautyofdecay_
Added a picture of the back of the PCBs.
Yes, the trim pots are still reachable. I cut of the male headers on the cards a bit to shorten the distance.
papz
Did you also remove the plastic part from the male headers ?
Otherwise, the distance remains the same regardless of the pins length.

Could you also take a pic with the boards 6 and 7 mounted to the MB please ? Thanks we're not worthy
beautyofdecay_
No, I used extra long headers, that's why I needed to shorten them a bit to match them with the female headers on the pa726 PCBs.
Here a few pics from my build. Depending on the angle of the picture it looks like the trim pots are not accessible anymore. However, with a small screw driver all the trim pots can still be reached.

card 6

card 7

both cards
papz
Thanks !
search64
Silly question perhaps, but does anyone have the Mouser codes for the 90 degree pins and shunts (the jumpers), for the pA726's?
beautyofdecay_
I used these for the angled 2 pin headers: 855-M20-9750242.
I had plenty of jumpers in store so didn’t have to buy any. But you could use this: 474-PRT-09044. Or search for “2 pin jumper”.
the bad producer
All going well here - so far!

papz, could you (or anyone else) shed light on this:

2 x 470ohms and 2 x 10k resistors
for the noisy headphones output fix on the
motherboard

I can't find (yet) any reference to this!
search64
the bad producer wrote:
All going well here - so far!

papz, could you (or anyone else) shed light on this:

2 x 470ohms and 2 x 10k resistors
for the noisy headphones output fix on the
motherboard

I can't find (yet) any reference to this!

Download the images from his website of where all the values go. He photoshopped them in on the motherboard near the gap where the headphone jack goes:

On the right...
the bad producer
hihi d'oh!

I didn't look there thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Page 3 of 15