MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Problem running sync through Maschine
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Problem running sync through Maschine
tappazee
Hi I've been experimenting with driving my ES8 through maschine rather than logic and have hit a problem with sync.

I set up sync on a pad in Maschine then choose a PPQN value I want, say 16, and that works fine.

But if I stop maschine playing, then start it playing again, the clock output just plays a tone instead (i've monitored it - it's a pitch not all that high, but higher than you can get by the highest PPQN value on the dial in sync. the led on the output on the ES8 is mauve when this happens, not red)

As soon as I touch the PPQN knob whilst Maschine is playing, it outputs the clock correctly again...until I stop maschine and start it again:) This happens every time - it's not an intermittent problem. The 'run' output works fine though.

I'm working on Silent way 2.6 and Maschine 2.7.2.

Any advice much appreciated - apologies in advance if it's something obvious!

cool
tappazee
this happens the same when running maschine standalone or as a plug in logic
os
I can't repro that.

Are you using the AU or VST?
tappazee
thanks for getting back os. i'll have a look this evening and report back
tappazee
OK so I have been using the AU version. I installed the VSTs and in standalone, it now works perfectly. Many thanks, os.

In plugin mode within logic, though, things still aren’t working quite right, but the issue has changed. Now, sync always plays the correct PPQN but…

With cycle on in logic, sync will only play the clock for one duration of the cycle. When logic returns to the start of the cycle, the sync clock stops. If I move the PPQN knob whilst logic is playing but the sync clock has dropped out, it comes back in again. The run signal works fine all the time. I’ve tried with both VST and AU and its the same outcome.

I fear this will be something inherent in the way logic and maschine relate, but I hope I can get sync working on maschine within logic because it avoids the problem of logic not starting AUs right at the start of the bar, thus sync not outputting the clock and run signal for the first bar of any cycle, which is a right pain (unless theres some workaround for that i'm not aware of).

Cheers thumbs up
tappazee
It's probably not relevant, but you get one beat of the clock after the cycle returns to the left marker, then it cuts out
tappazee
tappazee wrote:

With cycle on in logic, sync will only play the clock for one duration of the cycle. When logic returns to the start of the cycle, the sync clock stops. If I move the PPQN knob whilst logic is playing but the sync clock has dropped out, it comes back in again. The run signal works fine all the time. I’ve tried with both VST and AU and its the same outcome.
thumbs up

Did you have any thoughts on this issue with sync run in Maschine as plugin in Logic, os? Be good to know if it is something intrinsic to the Logic-Maschine relationship so I can give up trying to make it work:)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1