MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Platform Pedal Woes (Electro-Harmonix)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Platform Pedal Woes (Electro-Harmonix)
mikmanner
Hello,

I'm looking for help - I ordered a EHX Platform Pedal to add some compression / drive to a drum machine and I can't get any sound through it. So I got a new one thinking the old was faulty and I have exactly the same issue.

I made a quick video - wondering if anyone on here has the time to watch it and tell me what I'm doing wrong:

Fixed it...

Thank you,
Mick
erstlaub
Odd one.

First thing that comes to mind is are you using the supplied PSU? I know EHX stuff tends to have different power specs to many other things.

Do you have any other equipment to test the pedal with? I wonder if there is an impedance mismatch between the Digitakt outputs (440 ohms) and the pedal's input impedance (1m ohms), but I'm not certain if that would result in that sort of problem.

Have you tried it in mono only? perhaps there is some hidden switching/normalling with the inputs that's making it behave in a way other than you'd expect.

Perhaps there is some sort of hidden settings mode (on some roland pedals, it being powered up in a certain state boots it into loading presets/setting delay lengths/etc). Might be worth checking the manuals for that.

It's not unforeseeable that if a bad batch rolled out of the factory, that several duds would end up at the same store.

Not sure, good luck.
mikmanner
Thanks for the reply! Yes I've tried it with a guitar too and mono from the Digi - I also have tried to throw a modular signal through them. I am using the power plug that came with it.

I've contacted EHX about this too so I guess will see what they say about it.

Cheers!
Mick

erstlaub wrote:
Odd one.

First thing that comes to mind is are you using the supplied PSU? I know EHX stuff tends to have different power specs to many other things.

Do you have any other equipment to test the pedal with? I wonder if there is an impedance mismatch between the Digitakt outputs (440 ohms) and the pedal's input impedance (1m ohms), but I'm not certain if that would result in that sort of problem.

Have you tried it in mono only? perhaps there is some hidden switching/normalling with the inputs that's making it behave in a way other than you'd expect.

It's not unforeseeable that if a bad batch rolled out of the factory, that several duds would end up at the same store.

Not sure, good luck.
sduck
First thing I noticed is that you've got the plugs reversed - running the digitakt into the output, running the input of the platform into the mixer. That won't work.
mikmanner
sduck wrote:
First thing I noticed is that you've got the plugs reversed - running the digitakt into the output, running the input of the platform into the mixer. That won't work.

Lol! I hope this is the case would be hilarious. Will check when back home.

Yep that was it! I just assumed left was input and right was output...first pedal noob.
sduck
Glad it was that simple! Don't worry, you're hardly the first person to make that kind of mistake. I was once called in to debug a large midi system that someone had put together, but couldn't get to work at all - it was just a matter of switching the midi cables on the main keyboard. Big check though.
mikmanner
lol - well thanks anyway it works!

sduck wrote:
Glad it was that simple! Don't worry, you're hardly the first person to make that kind of mistake. I was once called in to debug a large midi system that someone had put together, but couldn't get to work at all - it was just a matter of switching the midi cables on the main keyboard. Big check though.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1