MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Arturia Minibrute 2! / [EDIT - and now 2S!]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Arturia Minibrute 2! / [EDIT - and now 2S!]
MrTurboparrot
https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=40792

applause applause applause
Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana!

Has aftertouch applause ... let's just hope it doesn't have that weird internal CV offset thing going on with the pitch CV...

EDIT: day 2: the 2S is added!
http://blog.reddogmusic.co.uk/2018/01/16/arturia-announce-minibrute-2s  /?utm_content=bufferb1c8c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&ut m_campaign=buffer

It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners we're not worthy
de_raaf
looks pretty good
DigitalNativeDunce
That patch bay looks really well thought-out.
anselmi
really powerful in a little package and for the money it´s a no-brainers

BUT

where´s the DAMN POLYSYNTH?!?!?!

they say this is just day 1 so I´m still saving my bills for it
luketeaford
I love my MiniBrute, and this looks like a lot of smart improvements. An annoying thing about the MiniBrute as a eurorack controller is the pitch is 2 octaves higher than I expect, so some working around is required.

It looks like they've brought the "complex oscillator" to the keyboard monosynth world. Well done, Arturia! thumbs up
Ambientdreaming
I like the improvements. Nice!

Any word on price?
hermbot
Oh snap! I'll miss the longer throw sliders but that thing is an instabuy!
@realwiggler
From Synthtopia:

“The Arturia MiniBrute 2 is expected to be available in February, priced at 649$ / 649 Euro...”

Ambientdreaming wrote:
I like the improvements. Nice!

Any word on price?
Ambientdreaming
Oh. Nice price!
slam
Wow this looks pretty amazing. I may have to get one.
pockets
Ambientdreaming wrote:
Oh. Nice price!

Fore sure! I probably would have bought this if it were available when I first started exploring semi modular gear. Seems like a perfect place to start if you don't already have a controller or sequencer. I'm currently using a Keystep to control my Erebus and those two combined were about the same price as this.
moonscience
@realwiggler wrote:
From Synthtopia:

“The Arturia MiniBrute 2 is expected to be available in February, priced at 649$ / 649 Euro...”

Sub $700 would make this very tempting.
DJFonzi
"...discover a new side to MiniBrute"
I'm guessing this is something that plugs into the "Arturia Link" which is located on the side of the Minibrute 2.

Hoping it's more than just a USB/MIDI interface. Add a voice, maybe?
GuyaGuy
luketeaford wrote:
I love my MiniBrute, and this looks like a lot of smart improvements. An annoying thing about the MiniBrute as a eurorack controller is the pitch is 2 octaves higher than I expect, so some working around is required.

It looks like they've brought the "complex oscillator" to the keyboard monosynth world. Well done, Arturia! thumbs up

And the VCOs have audio out so you can really take advantage of the waveshaper thumbs up
knittingram
Looks all well and good but that demo video is cringe worthy. Dead Banana
Madrayken
Yeahhhhh. Why they advertise a synth by having some band sing and drum over it is a small mystery. "Hey, hipsters! Worry not! In a mix you won't be able to tell it's not a BS2!"
MindMachine
hermbot wrote:
Oh snap! I'll miss the longer throw sliders but that thing is an instabuy!

Speaking of sliders... they all look a bit wonky in that linked image. The color labelling on the patchbay is a nice touch.
Bob Borries

racooniac
if the build quality is on the same level with their previous micro and minibrutes but more expensive i will probably pass again.

good so i dont get distracted from eurorack, financially and timewise wink

i hope arturia sucks again ;P please dont be awesome thx!
flabby
So you got a micro,mini and maxi. Will they fill the middle with a medium brute
dkcg
They mention "Link" but don't say much...I wonder if this might be the first piece of Ableton Link enabled hardware.
Foghorn
Full size keys, Hot Damn applause
Large patch panel, Wohoo It's peanut butter jelly time!

Sequencer, and it's not even white, YES hyper

And to top it off, it's not a Microbrute (I still love my MKI Minibrute)

BTW..WTF, is a Maxibrute?

This one?

I think I'll wait for a while.

Foghorn
rustyjaw
Foghorn wrote:

BTW..WTF, is a Maxibrute?

Looks like a bad photoshop job.
cwhiley
Very exciting. Would be a lot of fun to patch between the back panel of the MatrixBrute and this new MiniBrute 2.
thee ghost ov n_phay
2 oct keyboard is frustrating and a dealbreaker for me, as it was on the mk1. Shame b/c it looks great otherwise.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5