MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Arturia rackbrute cases
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Arturia rackbrute cases
drowld
I know the previous subject got locked. But this is now totally a separate product in the modular case section. So it deserves his place here.

Artists may have a bodyguard. Modules deserve armor-plating.

RackBrute 6U provides you with 176HP to store and secure your enviable collection of Eurorack modules in an everlasting yet lightweight aluminum chassis flanked by two wood panels. Once you're locked and loaded, your modular setup will look and feel like a monolith, yet more flexible than ever thanks the Link fastening system and the paired handle. When on the move, it will make the transport of your modular equipment a walk in the park. When in position, it will let you organize your command center the way you want it. Modules don't live on love alone, and RackBrute 6U keeps everything alive with its +12V / -12V / +5V power supply.

Quote:
Main Features
Eurorack format, 176 HP
Aluminum Chassis
Provided with a 5 HP power module
Up to 1600mA on +12V and 1600mA on -12V (4 separate circuits of 800mA)
Up to 900mA on 5V
Power rail with Noise filtering
32 standard power slots
20-slot zone with up to 800mA on +12V and -12V
12-slot zone with up to 800mA on +12V and -12V
Link system and smart handle to fasten a MiniBrute 2/2S or another RackBrute unit in various configurations
Built-in Spacers for the highest protection in transport configuration

Size & weight
Instrument size : 19 x 13.2 x 3.3 inches (484 x 300 x 83mm)
Instrument weight : 8.3 lbs. (3.76 Kg)

https://www.arturia.com/minibrute-2-landing#rb

the 3u looks like

https://www.arturia.com/rackbrute-3u/overview
drowld
I'm wondering how 2 x 6u together fold since the red locker would be aligned and then conflit with each other
kay_k
looks nice and make me wonder if they will ever release a compatible and and more solid build of the Beatstep Pro
BaloErets
drowld wrote:
I'm wondering how 2 x 6u together fold since the red locker would be aligned and then conflit with each other

It appears that the max expansion for this system is 1 6u and 1 3u. To go beyond this, you would need the link-lock on both the top and the bottom of the case, which is not how they implemented these cases sadly.
starthief
The interesting bits to me:

-- Price. While Arturia's site has the 3U at $299 and $399, CDM is quoting $249 for 3U and $279 for 6U. If they're correct, it's cheaper than Mantis...!

-- Size. It's 88HP. But the power is on a 5HP module, so these are effectively 83 and 171 HP, rather than 84 and 168.

-- Open spec. "It’s also worth noting that although this technology comes straight from the top secret Arturia research labs, they are working for the greater good. The Link system is patent-free, so you can expect more and more Link-enhanced equipment to become available in the near future."

So if someone were to design a 9U case, or a tiered stand, or another instrument using the link system it'd hook right up.
drowld
starthief wrote:
-- Open spec. "It’s also worth noting that although this technology comes straight from the top secret Arturia research labs, they are working for the greater good. The Link system is patent-free, so you can expect more and more Link-enhanced equipment to become available in the near future."

What does link actually do ?
That's why you can rack 2x6u ? Dead Banana

It seems to me that it's just a physical connection. I don't see why i couldnt by 2x6u and connect them
richie
the promo video show 2x6u connected and in a nice soft fabric carry cover. Shows setup at 1:05
2disbetter
Just reposting this picture that @blacklight posted in a different thread because it is a great shot:
big job head
drowld wrote:

i think you just have to use one pair one lockers.

BaloErets wrote:
It appears that the max expansion for this system is 1 6u and 1 3u. To go beyond this, you would need the link-lock on both the top and the bottom of the case, which is not how they implemented these cases sadly.

Maybe bottom 6U case could be put upside down? so the link-lock would be on top.
blacklight
2disbetter wrote:
Just reposting this picture that @blacklight posted in a different thread because it is a great shot:

thanks, sorry I messed up with the post we're not worthy

I am thinking about the 2x 6U thing

I wanted to get a doepfer koffer 9U in february but this also looks very nice, they say the power is low noise, id like to see some testing on that tho, I feel like I can trust doepfer or intellijel more with cases and power for now, but that's probably just because it's arturia's first solution for eurorack.
Arturia has been very good to the eurorack community so far, so I expect the case and any future stuff (please I want the oscillator of the microbrute as a module) to be high quality.
blacklight
big job head wrote:
drowld wrote:

i think you just have to use one pair one lockers.

BaloErets wrote:

Maybe bottom 6U case could be put upside down? so the link-lock would be on top.

Yeah I thought about the second option, or maybe you can remove the black screws on the side and get the wood side cheeks of to get access to the locking thing.

I imagine we will get more info at namm?
Glitzerstrahl
Looks great! I think I will stick to Mantis cases for now until I see this Link thing being implemented on some bigger cases, but the design is very nice indeed. Side note: what’s with the military fetishized marketing language? LOL smile
wm.wragg
oddly the website says the cases are 88HP, and the power module 5HP, but the manual says:

Quote:
The RackBrute 3U and 6U cases are 89 HP wide. 5 HP is taken up by the power module. That leaves 84 HP for modules. In the 6U RackBrute you have an additional 89HP available in the bottom row, more than enough for a starter system. If you use the RackBrute in combination with the MiniBrute 2 or 2S your options will increase even further as this enables you to offload many functions from the RackBrute, thus creating more space for interesting Eurorack modules.

The manual makes more sense, leaving 84HP for modules, but not sure which one to believe. Difficult to eyeball 1HP in the pictures.
blacklight
BaloErets wrote:
drowld wrote:

From the manual:
[/list]
BaloErets
big job head wrote:

BaloErets wrote:

Might work, however Rockin' Banana! if the bottom is attached to nothing, I would be slightly concerned about the stability of that structure.
BaloErets
blacklight wrote:
BaloErets wrote:
drowld wrote:

From the manual:
[/list]

Ok seeing it visually that totally works smile
big job head
I don't think we'll see larger cases soon because a larger case won't fit with the size of the brute line (I hope i'm wrong, a 104hp version of this would be love )

Why they made a 5HP module when a 2HP one would have the same exact fonctionnality?
blacklight
big job head wrote:
I don't think we'll see larger cases soon because a larger case won't fit with the size of the brute line (I hope i'm wrong, a 104hp version of this would be love )

Why they made a 5HP module when a 2HP one would have the same exact fonctionnality?

Haven't seen any shots from the other side but it looks like all the actual PSU components are on the back of that 5HP module, maybe to make stuff more noob-friendly? or maybe to have a big logo on the front?
masru
big job head wrote:

This is power after all: you need some heat sinks and converters and stuff. You will not get this easily in two hp.
big job head
My bad, i though it was only a switch module not the whole power supply.
nectarios
Odd design choice that involves taking out the top row modules, in order to change the bottom row modules and hope the company that you bought modules from, include long ribbon cables to reach from the bottom row, up to the buss board.

359€ euros for the 6U case, is a good price point, but the build/power quality is still unknown.
dinosaurs
really weird sized case. kinda too small to be of use for me, which sucks because I kinda like the aesthetics (except the giant arturia artwork on the back).

also, I think not adding the power adapter jack and power switch to the case is a stupid move. its already a small case without using up some rack space with a power module.
husker
Nice.
bemerritt
dinosaurs wrote:
really weird sized case. kinda too small to be of use for me, which sucks because I kinda like the aesthetics (except the giant arturia artwork on the back).

also, I think not adding the power adapter jack and power switch to the case is a stupid move. its already a small case without using up some rack space with a power module.

I'm sure they designed this around the brute and not the other way around trying to make the brute a certain width.
jfb
I am happy to see these, especially at this price point. I messaged my pusher and was pleasantly surprised with both the ETA and the discount. I might have to order one, or two.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 1 of 8