MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Silent Way Voice Controller Ableton MOTU 828 MK I WEIRDNESS
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Silent Way Voice Controller Ableton MOTU 828 MK I WEIRDNESS
thenapking
I've been using the Silent Way Voice Controller to control my MiniMoog from Ableton for about 5 years now without issue. Recently I've noticed some weird behaviour which I can't trace to a particular Ableton upgrade, driver upgrade or hardware failure.
After a random period of time, currently between 20 and 40 minutes the pitch voltage will go all over the place and the gate will turn on, resulting in the MiniMoog starting to burble away like a babbling brook. If I delete the plug-in (or cut and paste it back) all goes back to normal. Hence I don't think it is a hardware problem. I've also been through several upgrades to Ableton and nothing has fixed it (I must be on 9.7 now). The Trigger plugin never develops a similar problem. Both VST and AU versions do it.
I'm running a v old MOTU 828 Mk I, and am on OSX 10.8.2. No need to upgrade things in my studio....
os
When this happens, do you see the plug-in controls changing to reflect what's going on? Or does the plug-in stay the same, but the output CVs just start changing?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1