MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

wire recommendation
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author wire recommendation
SoundPool
I'm looking to get the thinnest possible wire I can for an installation to make it as un-noticeable as I can. Something almost like the equivalent of just a single thread or two as you would find in a typical 20ish ga multicore wire. Ideally in a white outer plastic. Anyone got any tips? It is for speakers, so tips on ultra-thin multicore is welcome too, like the hair-thin stuff that you find on cheap headphone cables. Looking for a European supplier too, or your standard Aliexpress thing.
fuzzbass
SoundPool wrote:
I'm looking to get the thinnest possible wire I can for an installation to make it as un-noticeable as I can. Something almost like the equivalent of just a single thread or two as you would find in a typical 20ish ga multicore wire. Ideally in a white outer plastic. Anyone got any tips? It is for speakers, so tips on ultra-thin multicore is welcome too, like the hair-thin stuff that you find on cheap headphone cables. Looking for a European supplier too, or your standard Aliexpress thing.

Solid core wire-wrap cable. Like this:

From Jameco
SoundPool
yes- thank you!
groove
That is really thin wire for a speaker run. It might melt or catch fire... how long and how much wattage are you planning to run over that?
ashleym
Cable for speakers, think about watts if you can't think in terms of volts or current. Headphone cable can be thin as it carries less power.

I use Alpha wire PTFE 16 AWG cable, paired up and put into a mesh sleeve for my speakers. It is relatively thin but good cable.

Also think about the environment the cable will be installed in. I am sure cable spec will tell you the standards it works too but will it be in a cold, rough or humid location? Try not to skimp using bell wire as alternatives aren't very expensive.
SoundPool
its very low, using small amplifiers and speakers, about 1 watt peak.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1