MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Monotron in Eurorack
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Monotron in Eurorack
autodafe
Next Project:
mounting my Monotron in my Eurorack

I know it has been done before but here's my attempt: fit everything in a 8hp module

added so far:
CV and Gate INs for VCO
Filter CV
Output and Aux In Routed on front panel
Pwers from standard Eurorack Bus

Bamboombaps
ive been thinking about this for a while- theres a kit http://pulplogic.com/product/monotron-kit/
autodafe
yeah I know, but it's quite expensive and requires lot of reworking on the original PCB...
autodafe
small progress, josted in a Doepfer-Style panel

JakoGreyshire
Enjoy the show!

Someday I would like to mod all the monotrons and a baby10 sequencer into a tabletop unit and have it be compatible with eurorack… Not sure how to do that though..

Will the monotron handle -+10V CV inputs and the -+12V power rails from eurorack?

This question has probably been covered already elsewhere...
Kroaton
Does your Monotron track 1v/oct from the input CV ?
autodafe
I will power it up with the 5 volts.
It works on 2 x 1.5 batteries, but I measured the "vcc" pad and it's 5 volts

so far it doesn't track v/oct properly...
ronski
If it's gonna be a desktop unit, I would power it with a dedicated power supply rather then using the eurorack powerrail. Just get a dc power supply, easypeasy.

JakoGreyshire wrote:
Enjoy the show!
Will the monotron handle -+10V CV inputs and the -+12V power rails from eurorack?
JakoGreyshire
ronski wrote:
If it's gonna be a desktop unit, I would power it with a dedicated power supply rather then using the eurorack powerrail. Just get a dc power supply, easypeasy.

JakoGreyshire wrote:
Enjoy the show!

Word... Yeah, I was thinking the same thing because, like I said, I'd like one box with all three monotrons in it and a baby 10 sequencer... I need to gather a lot of info so I can perform all the mods to the monotrons, plan out a box and make a BOM list for the baby10... It's a whole DIY dream that is on the back burner right now.... If I had the HP it would be fun to put them into Eurorack...

Thanks...
autodafe
quick video of the monotron in action:

ronski
On my profile pic you can see a synth I build, the top bit has two baby sequencers, i added switches for each step and I think there's a reset option as well to shorten the sequence. The bottom bit is the MFOS mini synth.

JakoGreyshire wrote:

Word... Yeah, I was thinking the same thing because, like I said, I'd like one box with all three monotrons in it and a baby 10 sequencer... I need to gather a lot of info so I can perform all the mods to the monotrons, plan out a box and make a BOM list for the baby10... It's a whole DIY dream that is on the back burner right now.... If I had the HP it would be fun to put them into Eurorack...

Thanks...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1