MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

icy IDM ❄️
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author icy IDM ❄️
lisa
The first track this year from yours truly. Faster and shorter than my usual modus. Banging?

[S]https://soundcloud.com/verklighetensfolk/hallsnoar[/S]
Great love to anyone who takes a listen and even more so to those of you that take the time to comment, irregardless of whether you like it or hate it. Chugging Beers
lisa
The melody that enters right after the 1.30 mark came about in a rather strange way. I tried sequencing and playing different lines but nothing worked. I actually gave up and decided to leave it without the additional melody. The track was done and I was supposed to release it a week ago, but then..

In the last minute i tried whistling something and it kind of worked. I recorded my tooting and transferred it to midi notes using Ableton Live etc etc and a week later it was done (again). razz
EPTC
Hey lisa - Nice track! Love how the glitchy sounds open up into that good beat around six seconds, and then keeps warping back and forth with pitch bending. The whole piece has a really cool funhouse mirror sound to it. Very nice tapered conclusion, too.

Groovy work, E
lisa
Thanks EPTC! love

lisa
I got some well justified mixing critique elsewhere so I've made a new version to replace the old one. The link in the first post is updated. Upwards and onwards. This is fun!
greymadr
Awesome sounds, awesome track! I wish I heard the original mix though, just because I like to hear the tweaks people make sometimes. The spot at 1:35 where it sounds like it winds down and then that melody comes in is great. So subtle.

lisa wrote:
In the last minute i tried whistling something and it kind of worked. I recorded my tooting and transferred it to midi notes using Ableton Live etc etc and a week later it was done (again). razz

What is this black magic you speak of? I have never heard of or tried anything like this, but it sounds amazing. I must look further into this.
lisa
greymadr wrote:
Awesome sounds, awesome track! I wish I heard the original mix though, just because I like to hear the tweaks people make sometimes. The spot at 1:35 where it sounds like it winds down and then that melody comes in is great. So subtle.

Thanks! love

I lowered the first melody quite a lot, like 3 db. It was well loud. d'oh!

Quote:
What is this black magic you speak of? I have never heard of or tried anything like this, but it sounds amazing. I must look further into this.

Ableton Live 9 has a function to convert audio to midi melody, harmony or rhythm. It works so-so more often than not, especially on complex sound but it worked a treat on my whistling.
lisa
One more soundcloud-like and this will be my most soundcloud-liked track ever.
jawdrop
justin3am
Well done, great sounds and drum programming! Short but sweet.
Thanks for sharing!
lisa
Thanks! Lotsa Love

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1