MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Elektron Digitone
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author Elektron Digitone
CoreInside
https://www.elektron.se/products/digitone/
Scot Solida
I saw that. With Cenk dropping little Momonmachine logo signatures in his Elektronauts posts, I am expecting it to be a new digital synth in the Monomachine vein but in Digitakt format. Hopefully, they'll have some neat new synthesis engines to entice existing Monomachine owners to pony up for the new box.

Mind you, I am just speculating. I expect we'll know in a couple of days. w00t
jshell
Hopes: 'tone' referring to tone generation. New digital synth. Like an old Yamaha maybe but funner to program.

Fears: Guitar players love the word 'tone'. What if it's another effects box like the analog drive and heat (but focused on digital sounds like Reverb? The freeze reverb in the Analog 4 is quite nice).

Jeers: it's "digit-one" and is capable of performing only variations of the One Note Samba (like the samba patterns of a Korg PSS 50).
@realwiggler
Love to see them expand DT type offerings, great pathway into Elektron. It’d be great to see them expand their synth lineup
dkcg
The name reminds me of the Casiotone. Maybe some little Electron box with a small keyboard to compete with the Teenage Engineering OP1?

I could totally see it, cheaper to make than a full size keyboard, more portable.
TE has shown there's a big market for cheaply priced cool little sonic doo-dads.
slicetwo
dkcg wrote:
The name reminds me of the Casiotone. Maybe some little Electron box with a small keyboard to compete with the Teenage Engineering OP1?

I could totally see it, cheaper to make than a full size keyboard, more portable.
TE has shown there's a big market for cheaply priced cool little sonic doo-dads.

An Elektron style OP-1 would make me mess my pants hard.
gentle_attack
This would be awesome if it was a digitakt style box with 6op FM engine with each page of parameters being the different OPs

Obviously beaucoup LFOs and the ability to PLOCK all parameters and an algorithm lock similar to sound lock. That would be positively tasty. Having a ton of fun doing this with an Octatrack and a Volca FM but it does not have CC access to individual operators.

Analog filters on top would be amazing but even just modulatable delay and reverb would be great.

Also some kind of touchpad kind of like on the VSynth just to control modulation and take me into pad heaven.
Sir Ruff
Do we really need to waste forum space speculating solely on trademark names?

This is the kind of stuff that GS is known for (and far worse for, because of it). Would be great to avoid that here.
kbrush
i think it’s all in good fun. doubt anyone taking things seriously ala GS. i’m definitely curious but trademarking a name is much different than actually putting something out.
Muse FTW
A digital synth in the DT form factor would be insane. I'd be on board immediately.
CoreInside
When is NAMM? What date? I'm sure the news will come out soon and we won't need to speculate for much longer.
jshell
According to recent social media posts, "Join us live on Facebook on Thursday, 25th of January at 10 am PST (Link in bio). Or come by the booth of you have the chance, we're in Hall B, Booth 10102."

Via https://www.instagram.com/p/BeS4u1bBtW1/

Will be live on FB https://www.facebook.com/WeAreElektron/
Muse FTW
jshell wrote:
According to recent social media posts, "Join us live on Facebook on Thursday, 25th of January at 10 am PST (Link in bio). Or come by the booth of you have the chance, we're in Hall B, Booth 10102."

Via https://www.instagram.com/p/BeS4u1bBtW1/

Will be live on FB https://www.facebook.com/WeAreElektron/

Can't wait. It's peanut butter jelly time!
behndy
jia. a DT style synth box would be BOSS. love that interface so much more than the older Elektron shtuff i've had. almost felt willfully obtuse in it's design?

...... would be REAAAAAAAAAAALLY nice if the update for the DT they keep pushing back dropped. with. you know. OVERBRIDGE MULTI OUTS.

yes please.
Funky40
it was my first thought when i had the DT that they should add a cool *modern* digital style FM synth box to it as its brother machine.
and its the most logic one to be brought new to market......in DT toy format: the mono. not ?

just: that they have to be GOOD on it.
has to have some noise engeneering level inside to be top.
but imagine this, a kind of noise engeneering sound WITH FULL p-lock capabilitys.

me, to remember myself: you don´t buy anything new on the market again !
WAAAAAAIIIIIIIT!!!
BTS
Maybe umonox was closer than he thought in his last video. hihi
J3RK
If it's MonoMachine-esque in a Digitakt sized box, my Digitakt will have a new best friend.
cwhiley
All I know is I want to make sure I don't post anything that might "waste forum space". meh

Sheesh, probably everything I've said on here is a "waste of space". hihi
J3RK
Well
I
For
One
Live
My
Life
Wasting
Forum
Space

39 bytes or so at a time razz
cwhiley
J3RK wrote:
Well
I
For
One
Live
My
Life
Wasting
Forum
Space

39 bytes or so at a time razz

LOL, I love it.
Orange
Sir Ruff wrote:
Do we really need to waste forum space speculating solely on trademark names?

This is the kind of stuff that GS is known for (and far worse for, because of it). Would be great to avoid that here.

d'oh!

Stop bashing GS because of GS. So easy.....and a waste of forum space.
Smacked in the head with a trout
MechaSeb
J3RK wrote:
If it's MonoMachine-esque in a Digitakt sized box, my Digitakt will have a new best friend.

You won't be alone i guess ! Guinness ftw!
Luasam
I would really like elektron to do a standalone effects unit with a sequencer! Like a verb/delay with all the parameters modulatable however this sounds to me like it won’t be that!
meska
persoanly i see more a elektron going software; new market for him, they have already devlop all the code for the mnm ect
Mr. Sound Boy King
While it is difficult to speculate on the exact nature of the so-called "Digitone," I feel I must add my two cents to the conversation.

First cent: The fact that the word "ONE" appears directly in the name implies the new machine ought to have a singular function, such as one oscillator or one effect. However, if one believes the word "TONE" exists in the name and not just "ONE" then one believes the new machine ought to play tones.

First cent and a half: We can therefore conclude the new machine either has one of something or plays tones.

Second cent: It would not surprise me in the least to see a smaller version of the Monomachine software in a new box. Common knowledge: the Monomachine used more lines of code than any previous synthesizer. Compressing this code ought to allow Elektron to put it inside a Digitakt-sized enclosure. I, for one, would welcome this development as I've always found the Monomachine code difficult to hack (for various reasons: live gigs, bedroom use, studio recording, etc.).

Second cent + 1: The Digitone or DigitONE or DigiTone needs Eurorack capable flexibility inborn. The compressed Monomachine code needs an update to become the ultimate machine for interfacing with Modular. This means CV inputs and outputs for routing various functions to and from the Modular. Additionally, the inherent complexity involved in A) compressing the Monomachine code and B) adding Modular functionality would crack one of the most difficult synth problems of our day (comparable to an unsolved math equation).

Whatever it is, I am both elated by it and disappointed in it simultaneously as I have expanded my own "code" to encompass two feelings at once.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 1 of 17