MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Nonlinear Circuits Cases UK 7mm Ply Source
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Nonlinear Circuits Cases UK 7mm Ply Source
toneburst
I'm considering having one of Nonlinear Circuits studio cases made up from the on Thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1207319, but haven't been able to source suitable 7mm birch ply, here in the UK.

Has anyone had one of these cases made up in the UK, and could recommend a supplier?

a|x
toneburst
I'm wondering how difficult it would be to adapt the the existing design to work with the more easily-available 8mm ply.

Anyone tried this?

a|x
plushterry
I thought ply came in 6mm and 9mm
Jarno
The only thing that needs changing is the height of the locking "fingers" of the box joint. It has a DXF downloadable on thingiverse so you could adapt it to a different thickness using suitable CAD software.
toneburst
Thanks for your replies, guys.

@plushterry you’re right, I think. 6mm might be too thin for such a big case, and I have a feeling 9mm might be too heavy. I guess 7mm is common in Australia, where the cases were designed, but it’s unobtainium here in the UK.

@Jarno I thought so. I don’t have any experience with CAD software, unfortunately, but I’ll see what I can do.

I’ve found a thread here about the cases, so I’ll enquirer there, I think.

Thanks again.

a|x
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1