MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Megaohm Klee sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author New Megaohm Klee sequencer
Bowman

So this is my new Klee Sequencer. It is the Scott Stites design built by none other than Phil from MegaOhm Audio. It's a very beautiful build, and I must say I am very pleased with this module aesthetically. I googled images of previous builds (including that of Scott's) but I like the look of this one best.

I'm at work right now so the module isn't hooked up yet. Even when I get it in, that won't help as I literally have little idea on how to get this to work. I just downloaded the 53 page manual help

Well, just wanted to show you the look of the module.
HowDoIKnow
My goodness, that is something special. we're not worthy

hdik
VinceL
Phil built a small batch of Klee's in MU using the oval layout a few years ago, and I bought one from him. Here it is mounted in a Box11:

I see Phil packed yours like he did mine...mounted in a wooden frame. Here's one of our cats checking it out when I opened the shipping carton:

Phil does great work! thumbs up
JohnLRice
Bowman wrote:

So this is my new Klee Sequencer. It is the Scott Stites design built by none other than Phil from MegaOhm Audio. It's a very beautiful build, and I must say I am very pleased with this module aesthetically. I googled images of previous builds (including that of Scott's) but I like the look of this one best.

I'm at work right now so the module isn't hooked up yet. Even when I get it in, that won't help as I literally have little idea on how to get this to work. I just downloaded the 53 page manual help

Well, just wanted to show you the look of the module.
love applause thumbs up
Bowman
VinceL wrote:
Phil built a small batch of Klee's in MU using the oval layout a few years ago, and I bought one from him. Here it is mounted in a Box11:

I see Phil packed yours like he did mine...mounted in a wooden frame. Here's one of our cats checking it out when I opened the shipping carton:

Phil does great work! thumbs up

I agree with your comments. The simple box is a great way to ship the module safely. The packaging was excellent!

Didn't mean to disparage other designs of the Klee. But I am partial to the lit up sliders......a nice graphic representation to my mind. Of course I think that comes with a little extra real estate. My module seems to take up more room. Or am I imagining that? The screw count is the same. hmmm.....
EPTC
Gorgeous!

Love the Random Threshold knob.
Flareless
Nice toy! Can’t wait to see some video. Congrats applause
VinceL
Bowman wrote:

I agree with your comments. The simple box is a great way to ship the module safely. The packaging was excellent!

Didn't mean to disparage other designs of the Klee. But I am partial to the lit up sliders......a nice graphic representation to my mind. Of course I think that comes with a little extra real estate. My module seems to take up more room. Or am I imagining that? The screw count is the same. hmmm.....

The design with the sliders and with the oval are both 6 spaces wide. So, you're not sacrificing any real estate.

I've seen many Klee's with the sliders (mostly in Euro). I already own 2 Q960's and a Moon 569; so, I'm used to looking at the rotary knobs to see how they are set. Plus, there is something hypnotizing to me about watching the lights go round and round. I've often thought about getting a MFOS sequencer just for that effect. eek! The only module I own with sliders is the SSL Double Deka.

I think I have read through the Klee documentation at least 3 times, and I have just barely scratched the surface of what it can do. Sometimes I think it is malfunctioning, but after thinking it through for awhile, I realize it was my brain that was malfunctioning. hmmm.....

Enjoy it!
fabodyssey
very pretty! and very interesting
Bowman
VinceL wrote:
The design with the sliders and with the oval are both 6 spaces wide. So, you're not sacrificing any real estate.

Yep, the screw holes should have given that away for me.

Quote:
The only module I own with sliders is the SSL Double Deka.

I have one too, and I must say it looks great!

Quote:
I think I have read through the Klee documentation at least 3 times, and I have just barely scratched the surface of what it can do. Sometimes I think it is malfunctioning, but after thinking it through for awhile, I realize it was my brain that was malfunctioning. hmmm.....

That describes my modular skills to a T. It does look like a very deep unit, and this coming from a guy who sometimes gets confused by multiples! hmmm.....

Quote:
Enjoy it!

Thanks, Vince.
vav
Saw these in person when I stopped by MegaOhm homebase last week, they’re very pretty. I believe there are 5-6 being built for general sale, and then it’s on to the restocks of the other modules, including a redesigned Delta.
megaohm
Glad some have arrived!
Have one built and four left to build (depending on if there is anyone interested in buying).
Run of ten only.
Five are gone so I have five available.
$1440 + ship.
PM me if interested or email -
phil@megaohmaudio.com
Thanks!

Ran into a snag with the videos but I'll work that out and get some posted to view in a day or two. Until then, here are some pics of the module in its packing crate:

Finish is matte, Metalphoto process which is lighter than black. This pic shows that:

All important guts photo:
coyoteous
Oh, wow... I wondered what happened on this.

Thought maybe there weren't enough to go... glad there were/are.

Have to leave now due to temptation.
josaka
Quote:
including a redesigned Delta.

ok.. now I'm a little moist.. 1u? 2u? new features?
ranix
I'm surprised everyone is using these mta100 connectors. I don't trust the crimps on these things long term. Maybe the cable management keeps anything from wiggling loose in this Klee
elmerfudd
Phil, them is some pretty guts. The wiring is beautiful. As is the back plane for the panel.
HowDoIKnow
elmerfudd wrote:
Phil, them is some pretty guts. The wiring is beautiful. As is the back plane for the panel.

Agreed! If I had one I'd be tempted to mount it back to front for show!! hihi

Hdik
sduck
ranix wrote:
I'm surprised everyone is using these mta100 connectors. I don't trust the crimps on these things long term.

Properly seated wires in the proper sized mta connector is as reliable as anything else. I've done thousands of these connectors, never had a problem with them. There may be a slight factor that I'm using the right tools and have LOTS of practice though.
megaohm
ranix wrote:
I'm surprised everyone is using these mta100 connectors. I don't trust the crimps on these things long term. Maybe the cable management keeps anything from wiggling loose in this Klee

I haven't had any failures with MTA100 and MTA156 IDC connectors.
A pair of my DotCom oscillators are from 2001 and also power cables from around then. That is only 17/18 years but,
I have never had to repair or fix any of these connections either.
Wouldn't use them if I thought they wouldn't last long term (I consider long term to be approx. 40+ years).
megaohm
HowDoIKnow wrote:
elmerfudd wrote:

Agreed! If I had one I'd be tempted to mount it back to front for show!! hihi

Hdik

Thanks, you guys!
The little blue trimmer is a dimmer for the fader LEDs, too.
Those LEDs are powered from a regulator attached to the -15V line so it won't suck as much current from the +15V line.
Which reminds me. I don't know the draw of this module. I'll check it out today.
boothnavy
Beautiful, Phil!! love
sbuge
WOW! that is SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! And considered what it does the price is really good. Klee sequencer is just so temptating and full of features and that build is just so beautiful.
bwhittington
Wonderful design work as always, Phil. love
ranix
sduck wrote:
There may be a slight factor that I'm using the right tools and have LOTS of practice though.

Do you use the t-shaped crimp tool or the gun? I've still got a bunch of mta100 connectors, it would be awesome if I was just using the wrong tools or doing it wrong
Paradigm X
hmm. always wanted a klee. never fancied the wiring. might have to sell some stuff. and buy an mu frame. or would an motm format panel be a possibility. hmmmmm.

looks awesome tho.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2