MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SYNTHWIZARDS THE GRISTLEIZER VST 4MuffWigglers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author SYNTHWIZARDS THE GRISTLEIZER VST 4MuffWigglers
HighLordFixer
SYNTHWIZARDS THE GRISTLEIZER VST

The Gristleizer (aka: The Gristleiser or The Gristliser) was an analogue special effects unit used by industrial experimental band Throbbing Gristle during the 1970s & early 1980s. The original Gristleizer unit (including the name) was conceived and made by (Chris Carter) and was based on a DIY construction project by Roy Gwinn, which was published as the 'GEP' (Guitar Effects Pedal) in Practical Electronics magazine (July 1975 issue). Only a handful of Gristleizers where originally ever built (8 to 10 or so...) and that was way back in the late 1970s - and up until the turn of this century Chris and Cosey were still using the original models. Chris' was stolen (or mislaid, apparently!) at a TG exhibition in London and Cosey's unit died a couple of years ago and couldn't be resuscitated.

THE GRISTLEIZER

Original TG Gristleizer
The Gristleizer (aka: The Gristleiser or The Gristliser) was an analogue special effects unit used by industrial experimental band Throbbing Gristle from the mid 1970s to the early 1980s. The original Gristleizer unit (including the name) was conceived and constructed by me (Chris Carter) but was based on an electronics DIY project designed by Roy Gwinn, which was published as theGEP (Guitar Effects Pedal) in Practical Electronics magazine (July 1975 issue). Roy Gwinn’s project was also briefly sold in kit form (just the PCB & components) in the UK during the 1970s.
More on this subject can be found in the posts below.
I have never made any secret of the origins of the Gristleizer circuit design, and in fact for a number of years I had the circuit schematics on my website for anyone to access and use. However, for my adaption of Roy's circuit I added some of my own modifications to his design and made a completely new case and constructed units for myself, our band (Throbbing Gristle) and various friends around the world, only probably about 12 units in total. Cosey's Gristleizer unit continued working until April 2009 when it sadly died. Mine was unfortunately lost (or stolen!) shortly after being exhibited in the TG24 exhibition in London in 2002. [/font][font=Verdana,sans-serif]btw: I would really appreciate the return of this unit, no questions asked!
These scans below are the 'Guitar Effects Processor' (GEP) pages from Practical Electronics
(1975 July Issue) on which my original Gristleizer unit was based. The circuit was designed by Roy Gwinn.

Disclaimer
Much of the info on these pages serve as a simple depository for the plethora of Gristleizer related projects, concepts, products and news stories from around the internet. Apart from my own Gristleizers and our new Eurorack format modules the only other commercial Gristleizer I have used was the 2009 desktop reproduction by Endagered Audio Research, USA - see my post above ‘The Gristleizer Reproduction - 2009 Desktop Edition’. I am listing this information here as a service to everyone/anyone who may be unaware of these Gristleizer products but who may also be interested in finding out more about them. I have no affiliations with the companies listed or mentioned (except FSS of course) and so they are in no way endorsed or condoned by me or (as far as I know) by Roy Gwinn. Also (relating to what I said above) I cannot vouch for the quality of any of those Gristleizer products that I have not used. - Chris Carter 2017
subbasshead
PC only - not OSX
HighLordFixer
PC 32bit... will port them for mac when have a vast surplus of extra time... maybe...
not my highest priority right now...
if anyone does c++ code for mac OS can give them some project files
dmob
Looks great, would love to see it as Win 64bit
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1