MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

RIP Mark E. Smith
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author RIP Mark E. Smith
Peake
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42811968
zeit
I was a big fan of the Fall in the late 80's, love that "I Am Kurious Oranj" record...hated to see this...RIP.
Kaki_Yuga
Very sad news indeed. RIP

https://youtu.be/wygQmJ59E4Q
thispoison
Bye Mark. Always true to yourself. RIP
NU

R.I.P.
cretaceousear
Nice set of photos and comment on the Guardian website.
Rest in Rage.
That Tube appearance must have bothered the audience.
- - -
Post edit
I want to edit my " rest in rage " - I saw them twice but was never a proper fan - I've been playing a lot the last few days and the more I listen the more it gets under the skin - very clever psychobilly Beefheart of the Brit Midlands.

I can't ever bring myself to say rest in peace - that sounds so damn boring - wouldn't you rather be grooving away for eternity, stuck on a vibe that gets you off, than stuck in some place with angels wafting their wings over you.
Peake
schwittersplayspop
Don't know what to say; it's so sad. But since we are on this forum, some more electronic moments from The Fall and Mark E. Smith solo. Hope these embeds work.

Unfortunately the collaboration with Mild Man Jan (Fistful of Credits) isn't online. Really good, subtle track.
tim gueguen
Probably the only artist one can imagine putting out a track called "Arms Control Poseur."
lisa
Bodo1967
R.I.P. sad sad sad
Phil999
he is a big influence for me.
Liddlepud
Genuinely sad about this. The Fall have been part of my soundtrack since the 80's, and not just the old tracks.
leeski
This was the first ting i heard by the Fall and lucky to see them twice

Bodo1967
I saw them live once, in Cologne/Germany somewhen in the early 1990s (I think in 1992). The first The Fall album I ever listened to was "Bend Sinister", which completely blew me away. The second one was "I am Kurious, Oranj" shortly after.
thee ghost ov n_phay

One of the great singles of the post-punk era, that. Sad to read about this, the guy was a true original.
wackelpeter
Absolutely sad news.

Will be missed for sure.

R.I.P.

Mark E. Smith
sad
horridus
gone but not forgotten SlayerBadger!

Hilary .. Where's the sixty quid you borrowed off me for the gas?
cptnal
thee ghost ov n_phay wrote:

One of the great singles of the post-punk era, that. Sad to read about this, the guy was a true original.

Thanks for sharing this. It was the track that introduced me to The Fall thirty-odd years ago.

I always said you knew exactly what you were getting when you bought the new Fall album - until you put it on. Strange to think there won't be any more... seriously, i just don't get it
Gyroscope
Been listening to them on repeat the last couple of days (had never heard of them, too young I guess hmmm..... ) and they're great!
smetak
A real bummer!

MES was truly unique, a mancunian shaman; wild, free-flowing poetic madness - "all the cows are black on an inquisition rack" - unfortunately gone.

And before departing, where's Carl Burns?
regularjackson
My all time favourite lyricist/band. RIP.
regularjackson
m32dave
True genius. Thanks for staying gnarly your whole career. What's a computer? Each Y'self fitter!
Avjr
The only group in the world.

Life has become a lot more meaningless. There's no new Fall LP...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2