MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Neutron The New Behringer Semi-Modular Synthesizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author Neutron The New Behringer Semi-Modular Synthesizer
calaveras
dont you mean later Oberheim?
Early Oberheim was discrete. Later Obie was chip.
kindredlost
Howie_Doodat wrote:
.. at least you'll get some early oberheim, roland, seq circuits and mem moog sounds out of it.

Or PAIA Proteus. hihi
electricanada
Wait, how do we know what the chip is? Or is this the DMT talking again?
starthief
electricanada wrote:

The front panel kind of obnoxiously says "3340 VCO" on both VCOs hihi And Uli Behringer said they are "the legendary 3340's but amended with new circuitry."

Also they showed a photo of the board. There are a pair of CoolAudio V3205SDs (4096-stage BBDs).
electricanada
starthief wrote:
electricanada wrote:

The front panel kind of obnoxiously says "3340 VCO" on both VCOs hihi And Uli Behringer said they are "the legendary 3340's but amended with new circuitry."

Also they showed a photo of the board. There are a pair of CoolAudio V3205SDs (4096-stage BBDs).

Ah thanks. I must have been too busy huffing gasoline to notice.
calaveras
cwhiley wrote:
Mimosa hostilis!

Someone has been watching Hamiltons Pharmacopia.
dubonaire
calaveras wrote:
I got trapped in multiverse roulette.

Highly quotable and very entertaining. Alien
sci700
kindredlost wrote:
Howie_Doodat wrote:
.. at least you'll get some early oberheim, roland, seq circuits and mem moog sounds out of it.

Or PAIA Proteus. hihi

Now we're talking!
clipper
gonna be cheap

electricanada
clipper wrote:
gonna be cheap

That was relentlessly non-informative.
dubonaire
electricanada wrote:
That was relentlessly non-informative.

Matching spec frames though.
nomadjames
Both those videos have been non-informative. It's an art form.
cwhiley
I'm still very interested. This will give me a way to experiment with patching between my MB and another piece of gear w/o regretting any real expenditure.
mg05
Howie_Doodat wrote:
It's generally true that someone with one or two somewhat versatile pieces of gear that they know inside and out is more productive output-wise than those with a room full of studio queen keys that barely get used to their full potential, if at all - or racks on racks of modules that take an hour of prepping before they maybe get the sound they seek. I know way too many people that have around 10k worth of eurorack and basically they just baked, patch up some random points and sit back letting the sequence run, waiting for a momentary voltage spike or variation that changes up one thing in the pattern, which occurs maybe a couple times an hour. Basically it's more of a trippin toy to jam on than a tool for creating and recording new and fresh forward-thinking sounds or god forbid complete a structured song.

Whether true or not, even if, why are you judging about about people making their own music the way they want to or judging instruments? Why do you care?
Even avantgarde musicians / studio work horses / super synthesizers must respect other music(ians) and instruments.
Why declaring it as a 'trippin toy jam' instrument?
What has g'd to do with it?
And why should be any kind of music forbidden whether in a cheap or luxury-want-to-be-pro studio setup?
Bad vibrations or what?
a100user
cwhiley wrote:
I'm still very interested. This will give me a way to experiment with patching between my MB and another piece of gear w/o regretting any real expenditure.

For the price of a a half decent VCO it's a lot to play with.
Funky40
just stumbled over the Model D two days ago.
i´m quite impressed from the demos.
i wonder how much sense it would make to get both ? hmmm.....
short on money for both me thinks..........but: i could ditch some other wtb.
your thoughts, model D vs. red monsta ?
cwhiley
Do you want Moog sound or random other sound? Not much is known about what kind of sound the Neutron creates other than the only demo that actually makes sound...Other than that it's a crap shoot at this point.
dubnspace
$299!
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/behringer-neutron-paraph onic-analog-and-semi-modular-synthesizer#productDetail
ignatius
psykon wrote:

am i the only one who thinks it's butt ugly? just gonna assume yes because that's usually the way these things go for me.
dubonaire
ignatius wrote:

am i the only one who thinks it's butt ugly? just gonna assume yes because that's usually the way these things go for me.

No you're not. You should read back through this thread.
cwhiley
dubnspace wrote:
$299!
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/behringer-neutron-paraph onic-analog-and-semi-modular-synthesizer#productDetail

I called it. Said before I figured it would be exactly the same price as the D.

Too bad I have spent ALL the money I am willing to for pretty much the rest of the year. I'm going to start saving for the Waldorf Quantum. If I exhibit some discipline I should have enough to buy one outright by March 2019. Hey, not so bad right?! For now it's time to write music!

Looking forward to seeing what people do with these though. Just think, you could have 6 Neutrons and 6 model D's for $3600. Would be really neat to see if anyone builds a Behringer monster.
ranix
Looks great. Cheap as hell. Way more interesting than the minimoog clone. Unfortunately I do not need it since my existing equipment totally covers all of its functionality
Howie_Doodat
whoa only $300
hmm..i think i'll buy a nice new pair of shoes instead.
revtor
ignatius wrote:
psykon wrote:

Why they would put a red synth on an orange table..? I have no idea. Ugly!? For $300 you just take what they’re squeezing out of those Chinese kids hands.
mick
ignatius wrote:
In this pic it looks totally different though:

Here it looks really good nanners
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 5 of 17