MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Neutron The New Behringer Semi-Modular Synthesizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author Neutron The New Behringer Semi-Modular Synthesizer
starthief
NICE. Really curious about price now!

To be picky, I could wish for two things: CV over delay time, and individual shape outs (or at least a square) for at least one of the VCOs.

But it still seems like a winner overall.
mick
Uli wrote on GS:
Quote:
The VCO's are indeed the legendary 3340's but amended with new circuitry; however the filter is a complete new design.

We call it the Moffatt filter, named after our design engineer Keith Moffatt from our Manchester Innovation center.
Keith is a very talented and passionate guy who has been experimenting for years with new synth and in particular filter designs. His Moffatt filter is his baby and a great contribution to the many innovative features you will find in the Neutron.

In the upcoming videos we will share with you the story behind the Neutron and especially the wonderful people behind this instrument. We have also invited some great artists to share their sounds and music with you.

I guess you can tell that we're having a lot of fun:-)

Uli

Very exciting times!
psykon

It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!
dubonaire
The world's most hideous synth.
Man-In-A-Suitcase
dubonaire wrote:

being discussed in the world's most nauseating forum.
Muzone
Let's face it, nothing made by the "Evil B" will get by without the usual snide comments from the forum peacocks.

I've never bought a synth on its looks, guess some folk are a bit more superficial.......
tarmoog
3u Rackmountable?
SteeVtheRipper
I actually really like the look of it. It’s quite striking. Reminds me of old Soviet propaganda artwork. I dig it. This (or something like this) is something I could put money behind. Something of their own design, not something someone else designed.

I’m excited to see more!
AW198
Looked amazing until I saw it. Definitely interested from the features and price, but it'll also be the first time I look into custom panels...
dopefiend
dubonaire wrote:

Hahahaha!!! Have to agree 100%.
dopefiend
......but looks notwithstanding, the features are damn enticing. Problem for me are mainly all the oblique black lines criss crossing the patch jack panel. They do something to my eyes that makes it hard to focus.
Notron fn
I guess with the 3340 Oscs they won't have to worry about the calibration process they have to go through with the model d.
Notron fn
dubonaire wrote:

It does make me appreciate my ms-20m a little more.
lisa
I'm guessing about $499. That would make it competitive. Anything below would make it a steal, imo.
numan7
Guinness ftw! can't wait to see one of these with a grayscale panel!

woah otherwise, WOW -- nice patch-bay!!!

cheers
starthief
starthief wrote:
To be picky, I could wish for two things: CV over delay time, and individual shape outs (or at least a square) for at least one of the VCOs.

I missed the "delay rate" input, so nevermind. I'm fully behind this thing if the price is around the range I expect.

dopefiend wrote:
Problem for me are mainly all the oblique black lines criss crossing the patch jack panel. They do something to my eyes that makes it hard to focus.

I think it's also actually blurry in the shot lol

I kind of like the looks, and kind of don't... but I don't like my own looks either, so I'll deal with it cool
dubonaire
Muzone wrote:
Let's face it, nothing made by the "Evil B" will get by without the usual snide comments from the forum peacocks.

I've never bought a synth on its looks, guess some folk are a bit more superficial.......

I hope you are not referring to my post, but it seems you are.

Firstly, saying a synth looks hideous is not snide, it's a straight out criticism of its aesthetics. Get your insults right. And aesthetics are somewhat important to me,I don't like to surround myself with things I think are ugly. Call that superficial if you like.

And secondly, there is no need to make personal attacks because I have an opinion on the synth's appearance. I don't hold any particularly strong view on Behringer one way or the other.
Richjk7
Wonder if they will make cheap euro cases as well.
numan7
hmmm..... i wonder how the two 'moffat' vcf outputs (vcf1, vcf2) work... maybe 1 is dedicated low-pass out and 2 is panel-selected mmf... hmm.... ?

cheers
Howie_Doodat
I love the spacing of everything. very ergonomic. I'm sick of all the compact shit.
Funky40
haha, i like the Look ! hihi at least the colour. yeah, not so much the lines.

this thing will pair absolutely well with Elektrons new DTo, and together to a DT, you can bet.

the first one, of ALL those analogue Toysynths ( and also bigger ones) which has my real attention.
needs to be a steal though that i would (and could) jump
Chopper
starthief wrote:
NICE. Really curious about price now!

But it still seems like a winner overall.

There seem to be a "delay rate" in....
dubonaire
Funky40 wrote:
haha, i like the Look ! hihi at least the colour. yeah, not so much the lines.

this thing will pair absolutely well with Elektrons new DTo, and together to a DT, you can bet.

the first one, of ALL those analogue Toysynths ( and also bigger ones) which has my real attention.
needs to be a steal though that i would (and could) jump

I think the Radikal Technologies synth is pretty cool.

I get some people would like the colour and it would have good stage presence. But yeah with the lines for me it’s too much.
anselmi
dopefiend wrote:
dubonaire wrote:

Hahahaha!!! Have to agree 100%.

another vote for this...

SteeVtheRipper wrote:
Reminds me of old Soviet propaganda artwork

what? no! Dead Banana
this is more like a cheap 90s trance look than soviet constructivism!

Quote:
I could put money behind. Something of their own design, not something someone else designed.

well, not 100% true...you know the issue with Curtis, right?

lisa wrote:
I'm guessing about $499. That would make it competitive. Anything below would make it a steal, imo.

I bet it´s below it...behringer is trying to hard hitting the market...I guess $399
cwhiley
Y'all think it's more expensive than the Model D? Why would it be? There's not much more to it....they look close to me in terms of materials...aside from the fact that this has all that patch i/o. I vote $299.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 2 of 17