MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Neutron The New Behringer Semi-Modular Synthesizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author Neutron The New Behringer Semi-Modular Synthesizer
anselmi
cwhiley wrote:
Y'all think it's more expensive than the Model D? Why would it be? There's not much more to it....they look close to me in terms of materials...aside from the fact that this has all that patch i/o. I vote $299.

good point

anyway, I think that materials and manufacturing isn´t so decisive in behringer´s final prices than marketing strategies...they lower the price of the model D in about $100 from the initial announcement...what small company can do this move? they´re thinking in a much bigger business model than just the component count...I think they can do all this without earning a penny, or even losing money, just to position themselves in the market and sweep part of the competition. In the medium and long term surely end up winning much more in that way.
D_Bowman
I'm red-green colorblind and even I can tell that this thing is red, so it must be pretty red. But looks good to me in whatever version it is I'm seeing it.
slam
Looks like a winner to me. I can’t wait to get my hands on one.
electricanada
I saw somewhere that the price would be $250-300. Given that it's competing with the Mother 32 and the O-Coast, I can't see paying more than that myself, but I would certainly pull the trigger at that price. Hoping it will be easily mountable in a Eurorack case, like the Mother.

Agree that it appears to have been kidnapped, thrown into a van, taken to a dark dank basement, and expertly beaten by secret policemen wielding an ugly baton turned up to 11.
calaveras
dissapointed in the lack of 2nd LFO, or noise/random on the LFO.
Also not digging the 90's rave-o-techno color scheme.
Maybe there will be a Sweetwater monochrome white edition?
anselmi
calaveras wrote:

or styleflip
chvad
dubonaire wrote:
The world's most hideous synth.

For me, the Andromeda will forever hold that title. This ain't sexy but I can live with it.
dadRabbit
chvad wrote:
dubonaire wrote:

For me, the Andromeda will forever hold that title. This ain't sexy but I can live with it.

Mopho is pretty bad too imo
DSC
Yep, I will be getting one of these and immediately I will be changing out the red panel with a matte black powdercoated aluminum panel!
chvad
dadRabbit wrote:
chvad wrote:
dubonaire wrote:

oof . yeah totally. forgot about da' mopho.
anselmi
chvad wrote:
dadRabbit wrote:
chvad wrote:
dubonaire wrote:

oof . yeah totally. forgot about da' mopho.

early DSI stuff are ugly as hell...I think the Tempest was their first product with decent aesthetics
Hi5
calaveras wrote:
dissapointed in the lack of 2nd LFO, or noise/random on the LFO.

Hear you on the 2nd lfo but there is a sample/hold and a noise source so both are patchable to your hearts delight.

Assuming the price is right this is going to be a hard one to pass by.
slicetwo
This with my 0Coast and A4 would be a great combo. I'm sold.
Gyroscope
Sounds great!
Chopper
dubonaire wrote:

Bob Borries
poladark wrote:
Only one LFO :(

Is 10 more LFO's good enough for you?

Funky40
is it eurorack rails mountable ?
has that been stated somewhere ?

and stopp bashing here red, please hihi
wink
GovernorSilver
To each his/her/their own. I was tempted to buy one just because of a particular button:

Oooh, baby, baby
Baby, baby
Oooh, baby, baby
Ba-baby, baby

Push it good
Push it real good
Ah, push it
Ah, push it
bwhittington
Bob Borries wrote:
poladark wrote:
Only one LFO :(

Is 10 more LFO's good enough for you?

Thank you. lol
starthief
I saw someone added this to ModularGrid as a Euro module and claimed it was 90HP.

Anyone have a source for that, or was it based on estimating proportions from the video? Is it perhaps 19" rack mountable? hmmm.....
Lauflicht
Excellent move by Behringer, thanks for the patch points! I will start to take Behringer serious. But I'm sorry to say that the front panel is hideous and needs a redesign. Well, maybe that's a matter of taste?
Howie_Doodat
there's no way their foray into analog synths is in anyway directly related to behringer the budget pro(lol)audio company that manufactures barely reliable digital trash, right? Like, most likely the owner simply funded a division of engineers and developers, as a cash grab undercutting the competition in the wake of the analog synth and module explosion. I'm torn between whether or not they should have kept the namesake for this radical departure, or created a subsidiary branding. I guess no matter what, when you hear the B word, you are going to expect low prices, so they have that going, but for some, its a scarlet letter and instant avoid, but hey, if it sounds good, it sounds good!
Most MW forum members aren't the target market for this kinda thing though, because they can afford the REAL SHIT.
starthief
Howie_Doodat wrote:
Most MW forum members aren't the target market for this kinda thing though, because they can afford the REAL SHIT.

Speak for yourself, Moneybags hihi

If I had a Behringer D and someone offered me a straight trade for a Minimoog Model D, I'd take it, sell the Moog, and maybe buy another Behringer D and enjoy the money hihi Or more likely, buy the Neutron because it frankly looks like a lot more fun.

My favorite non-modular synth is a Microbrute I paid $250 for. It is, to me, THE REAL SHIT. The Neutron also, from the little we've seen so far, seems like it is THE REAL SHIT.
esko997
I just got the Behringer Deepmind 12, and I'm really impressed with it; looking forward to their new offerings.

I agree with Starthief, I feel like lots of gear that is coveted today was the budget stuff that working musicians could get a hold of back when it was released. Excited to see what people do with all this stuff and if the Behringer stuff holds up well over time.

Definitely remaining optimistic regarding the Neutron!
Howie_Doodat
Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad there's such a vast selection of budget-minded electronic music making gear out with no end in sight.
Also, I am a broke boi, and think the Neutron looks and sounds rad and I will most likely be buying one ahead of the mother 32, the the 0 Coast and the Phenol, all of which i've been debating on buying one of, for awhile now.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 3 of 17