MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Neutron The New Behringer Semi-Modular Synthesizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next [all]
Author Neutron The New Behringer Semi-Modular Synthesizer
cwhiley
Howie_Doodat wrote:

Most MW forum members aren't the target market for this kinda thing though, because they can afford the REAL SHIT.

Oh boy.

I just hang out in "General Gear" because I can't afford the REAL SHIT that all the badass modular guys rock. One day I'll grow up and be a real boy with real money and I'll be as cool as all those guys in the other subforum. Hey, a little poor boy can dream right?

In all fairness Howie_Doodat, I just read your reply, so I guess you're just a regular guy like the rest of us.

I despise elitism.
Notron fn
The real question is whether or not you can successfully rock a pony tail.
Koekepan
https://files.catbox.moe/5pfwuf.mp4

All gear under $1000, and most of it well under $500 (including the laptop used to save the video).

Volcas and Waldorf Blofeld feature heavily.

I'm always interested when Behringer come out with something I might be able to scare up with a bit of tax return or saved pocket money.
cwhiley
Notron fn wrote:
The real question is whether or not you can successfully rock a pony tail.

I can although I need to go a little longer in order to prevent escapees. LOL

dubonaire
Serial-killer selfies aside, even though I can afford the REAL SHIT (also known as the true aquatic centipede black meat), I hang out here because it's where the people who actually make music hang out and it's way more friendly than anywhere else. Here I feel like you talk to people who actually use the synths rather than a bunch of people who pretend to use them.
Howie_Doodat
It's generally true that someone with one or two somewhat versatile pieces of gear that they know inside and out is more productive output-wise than those with a room full of studio queen keys that barely get used to their full potential, if at all - or racks on racks of modules that take an hour of prepping before they maybe get the sound they seek. I know way too many people that have around 10k worth of eurorack and basically they just baked, patch up some random points and sit back letting the sequence run, waiting for a momentary voltage spike or variation that changes up one thing in the pattern, which occurs maybe a couple times an hour. Basically it's more of a trippin toy to jam on than a tool for creating and recording new and fresh forward-thinking sounds or god forbid complete a structured song.
WaveRider
well said
clipper
ugh, this is for sure running for ugliest synth of the year lol
let's see the price, I bet it will costing less than the model d clone
a100user
Howie_Doodat wrote:
It's generally true that someone with one or two somewhat versatile pieces of gear that they know inside and out is more productive output-wise than those with a room full of studio queen keys that barely get used to their full potential, if at all - or racks on racks of modules that take an hour of prepping before they maybe get the sound they seek. I know way too many people that have around 10k worth of eurorack and basically they just baked, patch up some random points and sit back letting the sequence run, waiting for a momentary voltage spike or variation that changes up one thing in the pattern, which occurs maybe a couple times an hour. Basically it's more of a trippin toy to jam on than a tool for creating and recording new and fresh forward-thinking sounds or god forbid complete a structured song.

A point of view I have come to realise due to too much kit and zero output.
sutekina bipu-on
a100user wrote:
Howie_Doodat wrote:

A point of view I have come to realise due to too much kit and zero output.

Which is why i have been down sizing massively, But enough about that, if I don't get an estimated release date from Behringer soon on this thing I might have a heart attack from anticipation before it hits the market.
Notron fn
But when is behringer going to make a hardware sequencer to go with this?
mamsk
clipper wrote:

i highly doubt it'll be <$299. i think that's probably the pricing floor. if it's $249 it's gonna sell like drugs
Funky40
Howie_Doodat wrote:
Basically it's more of a trippin toy to jam on than a tool for creating and recording new and fresh forward-thinking sounds or god forbid complete a structured song.

*your entire post* was full of bullshit. Up under the roof.
please learn to look at things in a more differentiated way.
or hold please back with such posts, Thanks
clipper
mamsk wrote:
clipper wrote:

i highly doubt it'll be <$299. i think that's probably the pricing floor. if it's $249 it's gonna sell like drugs

well, if Korg and Arturia can sell the Monologue / Microbrute for $300, Behringer can do it too razz
mamsk
clipper wrote:
mamsk wrote:
clipper wrote:

well, if Korg and Arturia can sell the Monologue / Microbrute for $300, Behringer can do it too razz

i agree they're gonna keep the price down, but i'd think $299 or $349 when it hits. if it really comes in below the model D then i'll get two haha. either way i hope they hurry up.
clipper
mamsk wrote:
clipper wrote:
mamsk wrote:
clipper wrote:

i agree they're gonna keep the price down, but i'd think $299 or $349 when it hits. if it really comes in below the model D then i'll get two haha. either way i hope they hurry up.

yes, thinking a little bit more, between $299 - $349 would be the best bet hihi
they're gonna say the synth has new technology, it's not a clone and so on..
lisa
Howie_Doodat wrote:

Most MW forum members aren't the target market for this kinda thing though, because they can afford the REAL SHIT.

Haha, what? How isn't a synth with 50+ patch points the real shit? lol
cwhiley
Maybe I am a serial killer. screaming goo yo A serial killer who can't afford THE REAL SHIT. meh I can eat people though. zombie twisted
electricanada
Howie_Doodat wrote:
I know way too many people that have around 10k worth of eurorack and basically they just baked, patch up some random points and sit back letting the sequence run, waiting for a momentary voltage spike or variation that changes up one thing in the pattern, which occurs maybe a couple times an hour. Basically it's more of a trippin toy to jam on than a tool for creating and recording new and fresh forward-thinking sounds or god forbid complete a structured song.

Not a thing wrong with doing it that way, though.
Howie_Doodat
there is nothing wrong with it at all and i dont mean to offend anyone here.
except behringer. your SHIT ISNT REAL!
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Howie_Doodat wrote:
there is nothing wrong with it at all and i dont mean to offend anyone here.
except behringer. your SHIT ISNT REAL!

All eurorack synths are Behringer, because they own the company that makes many of the chips used in eurorack modules, including my beloved 2164. All hail Behringer!
Hi5
Always glad we got some Realness Police out here.
calaveras
I did some real shit last weekend.
I got trapped in multiverse roulette. I kept coming back in the wrong reality. Like a demented episode of Rick and Morty where everything is normal but all the people are Kronenbergs. Or All the people are normal but Chairs talk and TV's are sentient.

So yeah, don't take DMT without a trip chaperone. It's the real shit.
cwhiley
Mimosa hostilis!
Howie_Doodat
$299 is the price point im hearing. insane if so, but that's what I would expect. maybe $349 at most. the main vco and filter using the CEM3340 chip is cool and all but it's a cheap and easy circuit and the overall design isn't exactly anything new. at least you'll get some early oberheim, roland, seq circuits and mem moog sounds out of it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next [all]
Page 4 of 19