MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Selling full systems vs individual modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Selling full systems vs individual modules
alternating.bit
Curious, has anyone successfully sold or seen an entire SYSTEM of 5U/MU modular sold before? (Apart from brand new via a shop)
The pattern I've always seen is someone will post their sale for several grand, then over time they realize they have to break it down to sell individual modules. I'm talking about even a portable system of maybe in the 22 module range.
defutura
Someone sold an entire Modcan B system a few months back...

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=190432
alternating.bit
Took a couple months, but I see it is possible, though I imagine more likely with the more rare systems.
Synthbuilder
I sold a built by me but used Oakley system once. It was just a small one row 19" rack. I think it sold quite quickly.

Tony
BTG
Yes, but only when seller takes a huge hit. Sellers end up parting out because they can make substantially more.
Flareless
I think this is pretty much the standard for folks selling large pieces of compartmentalized gear. It's be NICE to sell the whole thing at once and get a big slug of money while getting rid of your toy. The trouble is a> finding someone with that kind of cash to part with and b> the fact that despite it's more trouble, you can make MUCH more money selling the system piece by piece (let's not even talk about the difference in shipping costs).

I had a scale replica F-16 cockpit that I tried to sell a few years back. Like a modular it is a huge device comprised of many smaller (and expensive) devices. After hoping like hell that someone would fork over the 5 figures I was asking I ended up selling it piece by piece. As it happened I made about 20% more than I was asking for the whole thing.

I think this might be why despite the ease of the 1-shot sale a steady stream of smaller sales will ultimately get the item sold faster.
Ockeghem
Long time to buy, long time to sell, I fear Mr. Green
The rent falls due just the same help sad banana
alternating.bit
Flareless wrote:
After hoping like hell that someone would fork over the 5 figures I was asking I ended up selling it piece by piece. As it happened I made about 20% more than I was asking for the whole thing.

I think this might be why despite the ease of the 1-shot sale a steady stream of smaller sales will ultimately get the item sold faster.

Excellent point, as were the others made. Thanks for sharing.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1