MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pedals for performances vs studio
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Author Pedals for performances vs studio
seanbonner
I've been wresting with external effects that I'm using in my home studio for recording and translating that into something I could take to to perform around town without having to bring everything and wondering what other wigglers have done here. I think ideally I'd rather have a base set up that works live and at home, with some additional things I could use for recording as needed with the intention that it would be very simple to just unhook and run to a show.

For my Euro stuff I'm trying to get everything onboard as modules to replace the pedals I've been using, for my Music Easel I've got a custom fuzz pedal and reverb that I always need to add.

I guess I wrestle between synth - > pedals -> Mixer or Synth -> Mixer ->Effects loop. I know a lot of this is preferences but seeing what worked for other people helps think through it sometimes.

Additionally does anyone have thoughts on chaining as much as possible? I think between my systems I could chain everything using external inputs, rather than run each to a mixer on it's own. I'm really attracted to the idea of having a pedal board and just running everything through it, but wondering how much I'd be giving up vs every item having it's own effects.. maybe not enough to notice?
i go synth > pedals > mixer, but only because i don't have sends/returns or inserts on my mixer. i usually like to think of effects as another part of the voice they are affecting.
needlz
If you pick up a mixer with digital I/O built in, you'll not only be able to use the analog aux send/returns for your effects, but use VST effects in apps like ableton in real time. Food for thought.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Page 1 of 1