MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Abomination!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Abomination!
Just me
Nature abhors a vacuum! Thanks for the new cabinet, Bernie. Wonder how long it will take to fill this one up?

sduck
Wow! Very nice! And all that empty space above - room for 2 or 3 more! (I've topped out at 4 - no more room cry )
neandrewthal
Noice SlayerBadger!

sduck wrote:
Wow! Very nice! And all that empty space above - room for 2 or 3 more! (I've topped out at 4 - no more room cry )

Low ceiling?
rezzn8r
sweet! w00t
kindredlost
Nice finish.

I got the opposite problem right now. Too many modules, not enough cabinet.
kindredlost
Is that "Rosebud" in the corner?
pugix
Dot com has nice walnut cabinets. I filled three of those and then decided to buy the double slanted cabinet. Next time I recommend going straight for the double cabinet. You can sit this one on top of it, with the whole thing next to your nice portable cabinets. SlayerBadger!
Just me
That is the last cabinet! I swear! I'm gonna stop at 66 spaces! Promise.

I thought about going with more portable cases, but decided they would be too unstable stacked on my stand. I didn't want the 44 space as I do want to be able to move the whole thing for shows. The 22 space is manageable. I may even use the router and recess some handles on it.
Haven't decided whether it will live above or below the portables.

I do want to make another case to sit on top that will house the Doepfer MAQ, Encore Expressionist and a pair of Cp-251 Moogs.

@Kindredlost, that is just my old Planet Jr. Plow Co Flexible Flyer. Get's a lot of use here. It's 109F today!
essex sound lab
Just me wrote:

Uh huh. I once said that at 110. All kinds of BS about form factor, that anything more sprawling wouldn't feel like an instrument, something about discipline.

All lies, as it turns out. Dead Banana
synthguru
Yep - I see space for a sequencer or two and a few VCA/ENV pairs, and a Guinness holder.

Guinness ftw!

Zon
cornutt
Just me wrote:

Yeah, I know, you can quit anytime you want. That's what they all say.
sduck
neandrewthal wrote:

sduck wrote:

Low ceiling?

Well... technically I have 2 built in bookcases that run around the top of my office/studio that are a few inches above my top cabinet. Theoretically I can move these and get room for another cabinet (or 2!). In reality I'm going to wait another year or so, and just do a shuffle as I add new modules, to give my wife breathing room on all of this. She's started referring to the modular as the "college fund"; and my daughter still has 7 years til college, so I have to play things wisely, ifyouknowwhatImsaying.
richard_k
It's not big enough. I think you need at least two more cabinets. hihi
chromium
Nice setup!! 8_)

Just me wrote:
That is the last cabinet! I swear!

This was my last cabinet...

I just wanted a couple modules for signal processing... and then something went horribly wrong MY ASS IS BLEEDING
bwhittington
sduck wrote:
She's started referring to the modular as the "college fund"; and my daughter still has 7 years til college, so I have to play things wisely, ifyouknowwhatImsaying.

Maybe you can convince your daughter to join the circus instead. Classic win-win scenario. (You get to keep your modular AND you get free tickets to the circus.)

Cheers,
Brian
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1