MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Repanelling Doepfer 149-1 and 2
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Repanelling Doepfer 149-1 and 2
aj55
My new panel from Re:Synthesis arrived today!

And this is the mock-up:

I have yet to mount the Doepfer boards and I have decided that I am going to use only 3 random gates (the lower 3 jacks) to keep it simple and uncluttered!

Cheers Arnold
Ramases
That's pretty cool.

The A149-1/2 are great modules.

Are you having to regulate the power down to +/-12v or do they run straight off +/-15v?
EPTC
Oh right the hell on - Those look great. Surprised there isn't more Doepfer conversion in 5U.

Interested in the voltage conversion, too.

Nice to see, thanks for posting.
johny_gtr
It's true repanelling: anodized panels, classic MU interface with MU controls and lights
aj55
I have a COTK case, so 12 volts is on board ;-)
bwhittington
Great panel! Please post pics of the back when you finish your conversion. I'd love to see your pcb mounting solution, etc.

Ramases wrote:

Are you having to regulate the power down to +/-12v or do they run straight off +/-15v?

Most Doepfer modules will run on +/-15v, unless they use CEM chips. From their website, that excludes:

Quote:
A-106-6, A-107, A-109, A-122, A-126, A-127 (old version with CEM3382), A-129/2, A-130 (old version with CEM3381/PA381), A-131 (old version with CEM3382), A-132-3 (old version with CEM3360), A-134 and A-135
Sugarfree
The RomanF 266r SOU's little brother smile
aj55
Update on the build.

The brackets are made with my 3D printer:

Small one for the gates pcb (A 149-2):

All mounted:

Cheers Arnold
JohnLRice
Great job on the panel and brackets! thumbs up
Eric the Red
Those are bad ass little brackets
Flareless
Damn impressive! applause
aj55
And to make life easier the Doepfer's have the same power pinouts as the Club of the Knobs (powerboard in my 8P):

-12v
gnd
gnd
gnd
+12v

Cheers Arnold
johny_gtr
Aj55, can you please describe the process of designing panels and sending this files to Re:Synthesis? Which programs were used, any templates with fonts, lines, etc?

I would like to order some panels and design them by myself but don't know how to start and have a design according to the MU aesthetic.

Thank you.
Flareless
johny_gtr wrote:
Aj55, can you please describe the process of designing panels and sending this files to Re:Synthesis? Which programs were used, any templates with fonts, lines, etc?

I would like to order some panels and design them by myself but don't know how to start and have a design according to the MU aesthetic.

Thank you.

The Dotcom spec is on their site here
aj55
Hi johny_gtr,

I am almost ashamed to admit I simply used Paint and did cut and paste some pics from ModularGrid to make a design...;-))
Ben can make the final design!

Cheers Arnold
aj55
Btw, its in the 8P case now and working!

Eric G
Nice work!

I have also re-panelled Doepfer modules:

and

aj55
Nice! Did you do the panels yourself?
newgreyarea
Well, this thread sure makes me wish I were not DIY dumb. I just can't get into it! Every few years I try and I just end up not having the time or the knowledge when it comes to certain parts. Looking up a specific pot or switch or bracket. . . I end up scrolling through pages of Mouser and giving up.

These conversions look great! GTK about them running on 15v.
Eric G
aj55 wrote:
Nice! Did you do the panels yourself?

I made the layout. A friend of mine milled and drilled the panels.
I painted them. A pro made the silkscreening.
boothnavy
Slick. cool
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1