MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES-8 & Silent Way Sync issues with ableton clock
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES-8 & Silent Way Sync issues with ableton clock
BrokenBo
i want sync my modular to ableton via the ES-8 with the Silent Way Sync Plugin. It seems to work fine at first, but after some time the timing drifts away so i have to adjust the offset in the plugin. this always happens after a few minutes which is annoying.

i use ableton 9.7 at 512 samples and use the sync plugin (newest version) on an external audio effect. i send the clock to a trigger riot with the newest firmware.

thanks for any help.
os
Quote:
after some time the timing drifts away

Do you mean
- some time into the song, the timing is off, or
- after some time goes by, the timing is off (even at the start of the song)
?
BrokenBo
with time the overall timing is off. so even when i reset everything timing is still off until i change the offset in the plugin.

so for example i start my session at -10 offset and after 10 mins i have to adjust to -20 and so on...

could it be that this is because of the unstable ableton clock? maybe it helps to set some other source as master clock or should this work without problems.

i used to have an analog rytm slaved to ableton via overbridge. but there i never had any drifting.
os
Quote:
so for example i start my session at -10 offset and after 10 mins i have to adjust to -20 and so on...

Is that just 10 minutes of elapsed time, or are you, for example, adding and removing tracks and/or plug-ins from the song?
BrokenBo
i just tested it again. set up a few channels and ran everything. started with an offset of -10, left the computer for 15 mins and came back. when i came back i had to adjust the offset to -30.
os
Odd. Are you adjusting the offset in the plug-in itself or in the external audio effect?
BrokenBo
i think i found a "solution". i turned on the "reduced latency when monitoring" option ableton and it seems to work fine now.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1