MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

WAVERAZOR
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author WAVERAZOR
Koryo
Anyone have anything to say about WAVERAZOR from MOK? Especially since it's getting an extensive editor upgrade next month.
TS
Looks interesting! Especially considering the designers also worked on the Andromeda and other synths.
Funky40
this Video tells a lots me thinks

i have it but not not had more time with it than just some testing and fiddling.
I can´t tell you more than aboves Video.
The access right now is not good enough for my taste, no envelopes.
You depend on finding a suiting template which was try and error so far for me. so i´ve spent not more time with it.
The sound is cool
Koryo
...and since it's doubling in price, is it worth picking up for $75?
ignatius
for some reason i can't look at that interface and take it seriously
Koryo
Well that didn't take much convincing. As soon as Molten Music said that WAVERAZOR has a Klingon option, I was sold.

*i quite like the vector red and blue interface.
liquid234
For when your looking for that particular synth sound, and CYCLOP and SERUM are just too darn smooth and creamy... Mr. Green

Seriously tho, looks like it has much potential. Gotta demo it soon.
Koryo
The only synth software I have anymore is Serum and WAVERAZOR running in Bitwig.
TS
Koryo wrote:
The only synth software I have anymore is Serum and WAVERAZOR running in Bitwig.

Serum has really been dominating my productions. It is just really fun to create patches with.

Waverazor sounds like it could be pretty useful and fun, too. I will try it soon.
faun2500
it looks cool, but need to hear some decent patches! very frustrating
JustGlyphs
I thought Waverazor was worth picking up for $37.50 when Tracktion had their 50% off sale, not sure I'd pick it up for $150 (certainly not without the forthcoming editor). $75 is distinctly not-a-ton-but-still-some money... depends if you're looking for a highly "digital" sounding synth. I personally like it.

Waverazor is labyrinthine yet sounds homogeneous. The waveforms can quickly become so complex and jumpy that patches sound almost like static and very similar to each other. I think it could be really nice to play with modulating time and external coloration effects. But on its own, in this current state, it's been hard to make super "useful" sounds. Certainly very fun though.

I also applaud Taiho Yamada (and team) for coming up with a very interesting softsynth that's not just a muddied Virtual Analog.
Koryo
JustGlyphs wrote:
...a highly "digital" sounding synth. I personally like it.

Yeah, I saw that going in. I'm ok with the harshness. I think it will be fun to try and tame it. My main impetus for posting was that: a. I have not heard of people using it. b. Seemed cool to me so why have I not heard of people using it. c. I like nice things that are odd.

JustGlyphs wrote:
Waverazor is labyrinthine yet sounds homogeneous.

Whew, that's nice to hear.

JustGlyphs wrote:
Certainly very fun though.

Also nice to hear.

JustGlyphs wrote:
I also applaud Taiho Yamada (and team) for coming up with a very interesting softsynth that's not just a muddied Virtual Analog.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. I applaud authenticity, and is seems like he/they have it. How about the Bio thingy? Anyone find it different from the norm?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1