MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

problem with Blacet QuadVCA
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author problem with Blacet QuadVCA
elemental
I recently got a Quad VCA for my small but growing Frac rack.
I think there might be a problem though - whenever I put a jack into one of the CV inputs the corresponding channel becomes almost silent. CV seems to have no effect. IT seems to work fine as a mixer though.. Is there something I might have missed or should I contact Mr Blacet?

Thx
Cat-A-Tonic
Stock units expect 10v to open fully.
What kind of CV are you sending it?
elemental
so far, LFO from an Analogue Systems LFO, and I think also Plan B model 10 envelope. I don't know if those send max of 10v CV.
I'm gonna have a play again tonight ... really wanna get some panning sounds going on !!
Cat-A-Tonic
I think most of the Euro stuff maxes out at 5v.

You can mod the VCA Quad Mix to 5v specs if you want.
There are instructions in the manual if you bought it as a kit.

There is another option.
The 4th channel of the VCA Quad Mix has up to 10x gain.
You could use this to boost the CV that you are sending to on of the other VCAs.
Cybananna
yep, I have a similar setup. it's functioning right. as stated above, you will need to amplify the signal to use the VCA, mod the QVCA, or buy a blacet envelope...
elemental
ok, thanks for your help guys, glad its not bruk'd!

I'll try amplifying the cv, and have a look at the manual see if its easy to mod post-build (it was a pre-built module... DIY is still somewhere in the near future!!!)
consumed
i built my quadvca for 5v operation. it requires a few resistor changes and an x-acto knife to cut some tracks. interesting: if you make the change but feed the quad vca more than 5v the signal overdrives and gives some nice crunchiness.
felix
M10 EG has the very unusual output of 8v.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1