MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Oakley 5U HVM question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Oakley 5U HVM question
Matrix12x
I just completed building my 5U HVM. The individual inputs sound great.

However, I was wondering when using the INPUT (ALL) if I have all the pots turned fully counter clockwise, should I still be hearing any sound? (I do)
Synthbuilder
Matrix12x wrote:
I was wondering when using the INPUT (ALL) if I have all the pots turned fully counter clockwise, should I still be hearing any sound? (I do)

No, you shouldn't be hearing anything. INPUT (ALL) simply puts the signal to the normalised closed contacts of the other four input sockets.

Check that both 0V (ground) connections are being made to the module. That is pin 2 and pin 3 of the PSU header should both be connected to the 0V of the power supply. If you have used the MU power connector (position PWR) make sure that the solder pads for pin 2 and pin 3 of PSU have been linked out as discussed in the builder's guide on page 9.

Tony
Matrix12x
I am powering using the MOTM connector (PSU).

ok, so it seems like M8 UPR and F4 UPR are my issue.

I put a signal in INPUT (ALL) and then put cables with no signal into the various inputs. When a jack is plugged into both M8 UPR and F4 UPR, and all the knobs are fully counter clockwise I hear nothing. (M4 LWR and M8 LWR are empty)
I turn up the knobs for M4 LWR and M8 LWR and they get louder.

If I leave M8 UPR and F4 UPR empty, and plug jacks into M4 LWR and M8 LWR, I get sounds regardless of knob setting.

I'm going to re-inspect for a short somewhere.

[edit] I found two bad solder joints on the pots for M8 UPR and F4 UPR. I re-soldered them both and everything works perfectly.
It's peanut butter jelly time!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1