MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Roland TR-08 Individual Outputs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Roland TR-08 Individual Outputs
MindMachine
This may be more of a DIY question and me no savvy computer recording, so here it is...

When you use the USB output to utilize the individual sound outputs on the new TR-08, does it only work through software in your computer or are they physically in the cable? In other words could you build a branch/break out box with the USB In and then have all of the individual outputs on jacks?
Robscorch
Your going to have to deal with software as this isn't exactly an analog affair here. That means conversion and the whole 9 yards so to speak. MY ASS IS BLEEDING This doesn't mean it cannot be done, but your little box will become quite an affair by they time things are said and done.
vav
I would love a breakout box that went micro-usb to individual audio outs but it seems unlikely anyone will ever do it.

I made an aggregate device with my Soundcraft and it's fine.
Tcheck
I thought about trying to build an analog out box like that with a Rapsberry Pi, but I think it needs Roland's custom mac or windows drivers to recognise the inputs, so no dice on Linux ... beyond my level of hacking something together!
prae
Tcheck wrote:
I thought about trying to build an analog out box like that with a Rapsberry Pi, but I think it needs Roland's custom mac or windows drivers to recognise the inputs, so no dice on Linux ... beyond my level of hacking something together!

yeah dude i thought exactly the same thing. shame.

but i didn’t like the TR08 so much anyway
MindMachine
Thank you for all of the replies. Think I'll just get a Maestro Rhythm King instead. Mr. Green
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1