MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

More TAKAAB modules I see
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author More TAKAAB modules I see
Maneville
Just a quick heads up for those who're interested, it appears that TAKAAB are branching out into new modules.

As well as their LFO 35GBP + postage
here

And their mixer 22GBP + postage
here

They've now added an exponential VCA 45GBP + postage
here

And a 2x buffered mult 22GBP + postage
here

On the back of my being happy with their LFO, I've pulled the trigger on the buffered mult, it's due to get to me around 14th February, and I'll do another upload of pics and impressions when I get it.

I wonder what's next for them?
MrTurboparrot
i'd love to see something a bit cheeky, like a sequential switch, or logic or summin' like that.

Love that they are redefining 'entry' level.
mamonu
Like the LFO. I only wish I knew the mA requirements for the modules
Maneville
MrTurboparrot Well FWIW I sent a message through eBay asking what's next. When I hear, I'll pass it along.
radiokoala
Did not expect to see THAT 2180 chip on their VCA: this is hi-fi stuff right there. Alex (http://l1-su) has been using those on many of his designs. They are expensive but audio performance is second to none. Certainly not the op-amp you'd generally find on a £45 VCA! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Maneville
radiokoala I'd wondered about that, but am still wrapping my head around VCAs and the whole linear/exponential thing, so didn't know and didn't get one of those, too. Maybe I'll have to look again...
Maneville
Just been swapping messages with the TAKAAB people, and their plans for the future are:

Quote:
We plan to develop modules for a full basic system over the next year or more, ultimately to be marketed here in Thailand but they will be available worldwide via Ebay and the Siam Modular website. Next releases will be passive attenuator, VCO, case, power supply/boards then maybe ADSR. Probably in that order.

So that'll be more orders for me, then, probably the VCO, but maybe the ADSR, too...
mamonu
happy with the 3lfo .
ordered to try the mixer and the buff multiple. but at this price its a no-brainer
myfinekilt
mamonu wrote:
happy with the 3lfo .
ordered to try the mixer and the buff multiple. but at this price its a no-brainer

Happy with the lfo.

Awaiting the VCA.... I'll let u know!
Maneville
Update

Arrived today - no problems through customs - no surcharges for Import Duty or VAT - and arrived on schedule.

Packed excellently, once more.

Racked it, tried it, and it does exactly what it's supposed to.

That makes Takaab 2 for 2 for me.

myfinekilt
Received my vca today.

Sounds great, really responsive.

2 audio ins, 2 cv in, 1 audio out.

A lot of fun. Well made, good value.
bobafett
I got the LFO and MIX and I'm happy with both - and they're quite fun to use in conjunction with eachother for some mangled CV ! zombie
Arrived in individual packages, well protected and no customs charges.
Might pull the trigger on a few more of these budget utility items - handy to have...... although nothing listed on their ebay account today I see hmmm.....
Funsize
Hi, this is my first post...I have been interested in loads of posts on here but just never got around to actually joining. Just thought I would also add to this thread to say that I have all of the modules by TAKAAB and I’m really impressed by the build quality and the design. For the price they are great! smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1