MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Suggested VCO to achieve this sound?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author Suggested VCO to achieve this sound?
colourloss
I love the synth sound in this track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS5WqKRID8s&feature=youtu.be. Anyone got any ideas how to achieve it in eurorack? Obviously it's delayed and filtered but what sort of waveform is it?
Navs
Sounds sawtooth-ish to me.

I think the interesting part is the fact that it's not tracking fully/sounds a tad out of tune. Maybe add a small amount of LFO pitch modulation to increase the oddness?
Bataserpa
No problem with your question.

I just don't undertand why this is in the synth noise subforum?

I think it would be more appropriate to ask in the eurorack section.
colourloss
It was an accident and I couldn't figure out how to delete it. Interesting that you chose to point this out rather than attempt to answer the question. Reminds me why I don't post on forums much.
pstanig
colourloss wrote:
It was an accident and I couldn't figure out how to delete it. Interesting that you chose to point this out rather than attempt to answer the question. Reminds me why I don't post on forums much.

Maybe he's not being aggressive, just pointing out that noisemakers might really not know?
Bataserpa
Colourloss

I am sorry if you felt offended. What I said is if you post in the eurorack subforum you might get more answears to your question than in a noise synth section (not many people are into noise and the eurorack section have much more viewers than here).

Actually I was just trying to help you. How would I know you already figure out you post in a wrong section? I was not being disrespectful or agressive to you (pstanig is right). So chill out man!

By the way I don't know how to answear your question because I am not into techno and I have no idea how to achieve the sound you asked. Sorry about that.

I really don't get what you mean when you said "Reminds me why I don't post on forums much".
Bataserpa
Colourloss

I am sorry if you felt offended. What I said is if you post in the eurorack subforum you might get more answears to your question than in a noise synth section (not many people are into noise and the eurorack section have much more viewers than here).

Actually I was just trying to help you. How would I know you already figure out you post in a wrong section? I was not being disrespectful or agressive to you (pstanig is right). So chill out man!

By the way I don't know how to answear your question because I am not into techno and I have no idea how to achieve the sound you asked. Sorry about that.

I really don't get what you mean when you said "Reminds me why I don't post on forums much".
MindMachine
colourloss wrote:

Then maybe ask how to remedy the mistake. There is a reason to have all of these sub-forums. He politely intimated such. Why is that so 'interesting'? It happens here every day. If you participated more, you would know that.

This ain't noise as I understand. Seems like any simple mono patch can make this tone. Yes on the delay.
JohnLRice
colourloss wrote:
I love the synth sound in this track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS5WqKRID8s&feature=youtu.be. Anyone got any ideas how to achieve it in eurorack? Obviously it's delayed and filtered but what sort of waveform is it?

Man, that is catchy! I like it quite a bit! thumbs up

A video tip on Muff's: to get the embedded player to work just delete the letter "s" from the "https://" in the link and wrap with video tags. (quote my post to see what it should look like)

I was reading up on DVS1 and he is primarily a DJ and also works in the box with Reason. Here's a long interview with him but I don't know if it will answer your questions.
https://www.xlr8r.com/features/2017/03/ask-the-experts-dvs1/
colourloss
Bataserpa: sorry I was having a bad day and do appreciate you were just trying to help.

That's a great article, thanks for posting! Impressive he used reason for the above track. It's simple but so effective.
Bataserpa
Colourloss

No problem. Be sure if I knew how to do that kind of sound I would help you right way.

Don't hesitate to ask questions in this forum. People here are super nice and I got lots of help from them, specially because my knowledge about synths and Modular are very limited.
dubonaire
Not really answering your question, but take the time to watch this extended piece on DVS1. It's very honest and open, fascinating, touching and life affirming. Pretty amazing story actually.

colourloss
dubonaire wrote:
Not really answering your question, but take the time to watch this extended piece on DVS1. It's very honest and open, fascinating, touching and life affirming. Pretty amazing story actually.

That was a real nice watch, thanks for posting!
knobtechnology
Obviously saw tooth, filtering, delay, and pitch smile
dubonaire
Moog One
matthewjuran
Slow sine or triangle LFO modulating the oscillator pitch. There’s reverb too.

The moving pitch is a big part of what makes the sound interesting I think.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1