MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[Announce] Antimatter Audio Crossfold
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author [Announce] Antimatter Audio Crossfold
antimatteraudio
Shipping to retailers now! [Watch the video to see why the world needs another wavefolder] screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo

[s]http://soundcloud.com/user-681623578/xfold-1[/s]

The Crossfold is a new concept wavefolder: A high quality, compact, 8-stage, dual voltage-controlled crossfader, analog wavefolder/waveshaper from Antimatter Audio capable of producing subltle to extreme distortion, folding, and experimental synthesis.

Voltage controlled balance of two audio sources before processing through the high fidelity 8 stage wavefolder creates "crossfolds", unexpected and complex interactions of sound that can resemble through-zero FM synthesis, bizarre distortion, and even more mysterious results.

As lovers of wave shapers, we refined the Crossfold to produce timbres and patches that we were always seeking, patches that were either not possible, or required many more modules to accomplish before the Crossfold.

The Crossfold utilizes high quality op amps, multiple high quality VCA chips, and a small army of resistors and diodes to create a unique, hi fidelity wavefolder capable of producing sounds yet unheard of!

The fold and range controls with voltage control provide the main intensity level, with the range control setting the scope of the fold control, traveling from single folds, up to eight, further into clipping, which compresses and offsets the folds both into the positive and negative range. A built in output limiter allows you to explore clipping effects without large volume spikes, while still allowing for a musical dynamic range.

The output stage has 3 modes selectable by a switch on the front panel: a voltage-controlled dry/wet of the input crossfader (great for balancing fundamental tones Vs added harmonics), wet vs. input 1 (great for mixing signals for the wet signal while maintaining a single dry signal), or as a final VCA to complete a voice or provide amplitude modulation of the output.

The Crossfold is capable of combining sources to produce low punchy basses, glassy marimbas, screaming synced leads, morphing alien drones, and much more. It even sounds amazing on bass guitar, thanks to its smooth distortion capabilities!

Antimatter Audio modules are proudly designed and assembled in Portland, OR, USA.

• 8 stage wavefolder

• High quality signal path

• Generates smooth to extreme distortion, folding, and experimental synthesis

• Dual integrated voltage controlled crossfaders

• Triple mode output stage with integrated limiter

• Create a complex oscillator by combining and experimenting with your existing oscillators

• Generate unexpected "CrossFolds" by combining various sources

• Reverse power protection

• 6hp

• $229
matttech
“Video not available” seriously, i just don't get it
antimatteraudio
Fixed, thank you!
revoltcrews
Fantastic !! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
hawkfuzz
Sounds great. Glad you don't need to dedicate to audio sources for it to work. That's a great function however.
tebs213
Looks fantastic! Capable of DC input? Very curious to use this with CV.
antimatteraudio
Yes, it doth mangle the LFOs! zombie
antimatteraudio
Drum machine VS sawtooth!

For some dumb reason this SC url won't load, so here's the direct link: http://soundcloud.com/user-681623578/crossfold-sawtooth-vs-drum-machin e
starthief
Mind blown.

I'm pretty sure you've just changed my module plans, just when I had it all figured out...
ignatius
sounds wicked. so many great shapes in there. textures and folded burbling fm whatever juiciness
mattb
Sounds wicked!
crookedtapes
Sounds massive.

Is that SoundCloud sample using unmodulated 2 sine source before processed ?
Or FMed then processed ?
ben_hex
This looks great! Nice to see the crossfader and options to change what classes as "dry" for the mixed output too.

I'll have a video demo coming with it soon so I'll be sure to come back and post that here too.
matttech
Sounds amazing! ....wish this video had been up when I put my order in, as it would have been bigger smile

Total wavefolder sucker...
starthief
antimatteraudio wrote:
Shipping to retailers now! screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo

Which retailers? So far all I'm finding is Juno...
antimatteraudio
crookedtapes wrote:
Sounds massive.

Is that SoundCloud sample using unmodulated 2 sine source before processed ?
Or FMed then processed ?

The 2 sines sound cloud (which also is in the backgroud of the voiceovers) is literally the same patch from the sequenced example of the video. The oscillators have no FM or processing before going into the Crossfold, it just makes the cray happen w00t screaming goo yo
beersbikesbuns
starthief wrote:
antimatteraudio wrote:
Shipping to retailers now! screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo

Which retailers? So far all I'm finding is Juno...

It's up on Perfect Circuit Audio as "Coming Soon" https://www.perfectcircuitaudio.com/antimatter-audio-crossfold.html
starthief
beersbikesbuns wrote:
It's up on Perfect Circuit Audio as "Coming Soon" https://www.perfectcircuitaudio.com/antimatter-audio-crossfold.html

thumbs up It wasn't a couple of hours ago, not that I have been rechecking various dealers obsessively or anything hihi
nectarios
Sounds great, congrats!
antimatteraudio
starthief wrote:
beersbikesbuns wrote:

thumbs up It wasn't a couple of hours ago, not that I have been rechecking various dealers obsessively or anything hihi

I would imagine that stock will start popping up at various places in the next few weeks.
antimatteraudio
Will be posting some more samples next week, my current two are racked up to play Volt Divers this weekend Guinness ftw!
DonKartofflo
Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is a "new concept" about a wavefolder with 2 inputs?
bommelito
This one is on my list, definitely! thumbs up
antimatteraudio
DonKartofflo wrote:
Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is a "new concept" about a wavefolder with 2 inputs?

The concept is that it is an 8-stage source blending wavefolder that drives from smooth into clipping with two gain controls, an output limiter, and two VC crossfaders in 6hp. It uses high quality op amps and VCAs throughout. We went through 7 months and 7 prototypes to get it where we wanted it to be.

So yes, it really produces different results than anything else I have used and I am comfortable with using that term. thumbs up

As far as the end results, I would say to check out the features and sounds and see if it appeals to you.
ignatius
there's definitely some different action under the hood w/this module. easy enough to discern that by your demo video. i think it sounds killer.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2