MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The Next Blacet EG?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author The Next Blacet EG?
Tubeampguy
I would like to see a "EOC" jack.
monstrinho
Tubeampguy wrote:
I would like to see a "EOC" jack.

+1. Always very useful!
fracmonkey
EOR the same?
monstrinho
fracmonkey wrote:
EOR the same?

AFAIK it's just a different term for the same thing. "End Of Cycle" or "End Of Release." It's a really useful feature to have in an EG.
fracmonkey
I agree.

Notced that EOD is also start of sustain. Really just a naming convention.
Kyhotay
Thanks for pointing those things out as I wasn't sure. I have a quad ADSR with EOA, D & R. Now it makes more sense, especially the end of decay = start of sustain. It's peanut butter jelly time!
Kyhotay
Thanks for pointing those things out as I wasn't sure. I have a quad ADSR with EOA, D & R. Now it makes more sense, especially the end of decay = start of sustain. It's peanut butter jelly time!
fracmonkey
Kyhotay
Nice functionality! When do you anticipate assembled units will be available?
Tubeampguy
WOW that looks great!!
J3RK
Nice!
Cat-A-Tonic
Nice.

What is HPP?
thee ghost ov n_phay
Nice looking layout! I'm looking forward to getting hold of a couple of these and making some music with them.
emmaker
Looking good!

w00t!!
Acid Mitch
Whats with the tmebase settings ?
I’m thinking x2 would be more useful than x5 and x50 is a bit much. What am I missing ?
I know the 2070 can go for hours but does anyone actually use those settings ?
fracmonkey
Acid Mitch wrote:
Whats with the tmebase settings ?
I’m thinking x2 would be more useful than x5 and x50 is a bit much. What am I missing ?
I know the 2070 can go for hours but does anyone actually use those settings ?

The 50:1 range is quite compressed compared to the 2070's 6000:1! But this will be generally useful unless you do looong space music drones.

Still preliminary of course and the timing caps are in an accessable spot.
BugBrand
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
What is HPP?

I'm curious too...
thee ghost ov n_phay
I have actually used the extra long setting on the 2070, more than once, even!
fracmonkey
BugBrand wrote:
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
What is HPP?

I'm curious too...

Half Power Point of the descending envelope. If the sustain is about 50%, then this is pretty much EOD. Otherwise, the response occurs at 50% of the envelope level.
Mood Organ
fracmonkey wrote:

That's outstanding.
Global CV and the attenuverters are great features that I miss all the time.
I'll be keeping my EG1s because I do use the super-slow setting sometimes, but I'm really looking forward to this new design.
Synthnerd
Half Power Point of the descending envelope. If the sustain is about 50%, then this is pretty much EOD. Otherwise, the response occurs at 50% of the envelope level.[/quote]

Nice! I guess the HPP event happens as the inverted output is rising? I can see patching the HPP output to another EG2 or a DAD to make another event happen somewhere during the sustain phase within a total patch.

What's the function of the +/- controls on the CV inputs, (phase control, CV bias)?
sizone
how does it loop and how much do you expect it to cost?
fracmonkey
On the Global CV input, if nothing is plugged in, then the inverted envelope is normalled. The negative side of this is great for bending the A,D,R segments.

Pricing and delivery are unknown.
fracmonkey

Left to right: cv input board with TB switch, cv attenuverter board with timing caps near bottom and power input strip, DADSR board, output board.
emmaker
Cool!

My biggest complaint about stacked boards like this is the rigid connection that some of the modules have. If you ever have to replace a pot, jack or switch it can be a pain. On my MIX3500 and Super VCAs I used wires verses the 0.1" pin strips.

Thanks!
Jay S.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3