MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The Next Blacet EG?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author The Next Blacet EG?
fracmonkey
In this model, only the first two boards have rigid pins. Pretty easy to work on. Been working on proto already!

This just in: order window open. See Blacet website.
fracmonkey
http://www.blacet.com/EG3870specs.pdf

BTW, thanks for all the suggestions and comments!
sizone
how long is the preorder pricing going to run?
fracmonkey
Sunday, 5-20, Midnight PST.
fracmonkey
fracmonkey wrote:
Sunday, 5-20, Midnight PST.

Save $30.
sizone
simultaneous output for the regular and inverted envelopes is brilliant. the delay doubling as a triggered mode is also pretty clever. best of all is that there's a huge, bright pink glowing light on top.

build was silky smooth except the damn ribbon cables. please in the future, -slightly- larger holes on one of the pair of boards being connected with ribbon cables to make alignment easier.
fracmonkey
The first proto, I had the boards completely mounted. This proved challenging for the ribbon cables.

The next one, I installed the pcbs with the pots shafts going into the front panel but not attached. This leaves considerable wiggle room and was a lot easier.

On the third build, I payed a bit more attention to keeping the cable pins aligned and at right angles to the pcb. I also bent over two pins of the cable before soldering. This time, things went smoothly.
otoskope
Looks like a great new module. Just a comment - for the few of us who are into bananfrac, the new ones with panel-mounted jacks are much harder to bananafy. Older Blacet was really easy, and I have several frames of them.

Still, I understand the economic argument. Wiring jacks and pots is a pain. I wish there were compatible bananajacks with your current panel pcbs... seriously, i just don't get it
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3