MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Industrial Music Electronics MK ]|[
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Industrial Music Electronics MK ]|[
dysonant
We all know about Piston Honda MK III because details were released.

Yesterday on the facebook muffwiggler group, I saw this

I have heard from a reliable source that Kermit will be updated to a new version.

Just wanted to know from anyone else what they may know regarding MK III modules?
beersbikesbuns
Double Post (deleted this one)
beersbikesbuns
From the Piston Honda MK 3 (https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=195254&start=all&po stdays=0&postorder=asc&sid=df47e3da1d5266be0d7761cd563336cb)

governor blacksnake wrote:

- The main focus of the MkIII series is repeatable performance setup, where one may quickly move between different sets of stored sounds and settings. Each module with this feature has a standardized interface of a rotary encoder, display, button, CV input, and small potentiometer.

The preset manager operates in several modes: discrete (encoder clicks through each of the 8 active presets in a bank, CV input and potentiometer do the same), continuous (encoder selects the preset base number, the pot and cv input will smoothly morph the non-pitch controls across the entire preset bank and wrap around to the base) and All (all settings are morphed, discrete settings like morph discontinuity and unison enable will change as each preset boundary is passed).

It makes more sense when you have a few of these mk3 modules together, acting from a common CV control in a multi-piece performance context (even a simple multiple module can bring these things together). Or you can just hit it with a slow LFO and enjoy the sounds transforming into entirely different ones, where you only need to touch one control to accomplish it instead of a dozen. Presets are stored on an onboard EEPROM.

- There will not be a Tyme Sefari MkIII or Stillson Hammer MkIII any time soon, there's lots of life left in that hardware.

- There will be a few more mk3s finished shortly. Performance-ready versions of old favorites with some intense new functionality, and then a few processors that go where modules fear to tread. If it gets uncomfortable, just keep mashing that continuous preset control. You'll probably find a sweet spot somewhere in there.

Edit: formatting stuff
gringostar
Wonder if there will be a mkIII double andore as well.
mt3
Didn't know there was a muffwiggler group on Facebook. Confusing why....
hmmm.....
mt3
gringostar wrote:

Triple Andore.
Ras Thavas
mt3 wrote:
gringostar wrote:

Triple Andore.

Now you're talking! It's peanut butter jelly time!
hawkfuzz
Isn't the Andore the update? Doesn't seem like IME to have a lite version of the modules.

I'm still hoping for that Escalation Dominance, but I guess that woulddn't be MKIII.
mt3
Andore is single channel.
nso_music
bring on the kermit MK3!
mt3
[s]https://soundcloud.com/industrialmusicelectronics/piston-honda-mk3- drone-test[/s]

"Recording of the upcoming Piston Honda MKIII Dual Wavetable Oscillator. No patchcords. Features demonstrated include basic wave morphing, Thru-zero FM x-mod, unison detune, and voltage controlled preset morphing over 8 presets."

PHmk3 Drone Test
Baddcr
Loads of mk][ for sale in BST!

Obviously it's nothing to do with me, but for some reason it does kinda make me feel a little sad waah
nangu
Very interesting- especially if the preset management stuff will be compatible with the system used by Macro Machines, Mungo, and recent Malekko modules..
Baddcr
nangu wrote:
Very interesting- especially if the preset management stuff will be compatible with the system used by Macro Machines, Mungo, and recent Malekko modules..

Yep - last thing we want is for a variety of protocols - that would be a disaster on so many levels it doesn't bear thinking about! 1U tile size fail * 10!

Sure that can't happen, I mean it would be almost the first thing I would consider if building anything like this ... right?
Sinamsis
Really excited to see what a new Kermit will look like.

Ha, do you think he’ll skip directly to a Bionic Lester mk III?

And personally, I’m not dumping my mk II modules. I’m finishing up building a dedicated case that should have some extra space. Photos to follow.
nangu
I hope they take this opportunity to start using bolted-on metal pots, too.

I hate plastic-shaft pots so much. Ruined a Makenoise module by getting slightly fussy with a knob-swap, and I’ve bought very few plastic-pot modules since. Except for video stuff, where you don’t really have any alternative..
Sinamsis
Case is done and ready for some new IME modules!

mt3
Piston Honda mk ]I[ is available for preorder at Moog (approx. $510 USD).
http://www.moogaudio.com/industrial-music-eletronics-piston-honda-mkii i-pre-order-p-12826.html
deltaAquarii
news on kermit would be very welcome
Sinamsis
A little birdy told me the PH mk III would be available soon.

I haven't heard about the new modulation source. That said, I couldn't wait and found a second hand Kermit for a good price. So I bought a second. Honestly they work pretty well with the Argos Bleak for some great drones and chords.

I'm curious to know about this preset storage system. Mixed feelings about it, but it seems cool. I'm curious how it would work with multiple distro boards. Anyways, good stuff coming from IME! I can't wait to see what's next.
Kirnu
I wonder what might be changed for Hertz Donut. For me, it's just fine as a digital complex oscillator. No need for the diplay or preset manager. Maybe it will be a triple osc!
sackley
Well, it seems the preset manager is the focus of the mk\\\ modules. I think that's pretty much the only thing I'd change on the current one - state saving upon reset. That and a cross modulation bus for FM/AM of the modulation osc.

Hopefully the preset management system for the HD3 is intuitive...

I'm sure I'll eventually crumple and bow down to the mk\\\s, but for now I'm still enjoying the relative simplicity of the mk ][ modules.
mt3

Piston Honda mk III should be available sometime this week.
$525 USD.
hawkfuzz
Kirnu wrote:
I wonder what might be changed for Hertz Donut. For me, it's just fine as a digital complex oscillator. No need for the diplay or preset manager. Maybe it will be a triple osc!

I imagine like the PH3 is going from 8-bit waveforms to 16-bit, perhaps the HD3 will go to a higher bitrate...maybe...?
mt3
hawkfuzz wrote:
Kirnu wrote:

I imagine like the PH3 is going from 8-bit waveforms to 16-bit, perhaps the HD3 will go to a higher bitrate...maybe...?

Unsure about bit depth, but audio quality is improved. Though this has been at the expense of the module not having LFO mode anymore (my understanding).

PHmk3 pretty much integrates quite a bit of the HD if you squint your eyes.
w00t
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3