MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Division 6 mini sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Division 6 mini sequencer
spukhaft
I didn't see any threads about these. Only available as a kit, but the build process is very easy, and they are available on Reverb already built. I picked mine up built for $150. I'm going to build the next one.

Bone simple, but very cool given its $90 price tag. Lots of options to add motion to a patch. I found myself having a lot of fun with it. Stop one seq, pop in some new notes, press run, fiddle with clock speeds. A simple, cheap, fun building block.

http://www.division-6.com/products/dual-mini-sequencer.php

sduck
It is a very fun little sequencer. Quite limited, but useful for a lot of things anyway. And stupid cheap. And perhaps the best bang for the buck blinkenlightwise!
muelb
Is yours some kind of linear? My pair has both some big deviations in linearity over 2 Octaves... 4 Octaves are unusable without quantizer...
spukhaft
I have not measured tracking. Not really using it to create major key melodies, so it doesn't matter for me. I would not be surprised if was off.

Have you tried calibrating it?
sasbom
You can calibrate it really easily, there's even a note in the building instructions about that. Mine's perfect!
You just adjust the trimpot on the highest C (C4) to be 4 Volts and thats it.

I built mine yesterday and I am so darn happy. I've been looking for something like this for a very very very long time, and so this became my first DIY project.

I've found it quite a challenge, but I am (or at least was) a total noob at soldering. I've learned tons from soldering all the different components.

I really like that they bothered to put a accent gate function on it, for such a small thing. I've never had that on a sequencer before. It's so easy to make a glide or a vibrato or open a filter a little bit more, its great

One thing that would've been nice would be different modes of playing the sequence, ie forward backward ping pong random, but I've got my sq-1 for that so I'm covered.

i'm really happy smile
ersatzplanet
I have two of them. They are cheap enough to get more than one. The PCB front panel and chips are only $35 if you want the cheapest (but more complicated) route.

With two pf them you can have them interconnected in different ways through switches and get some pretty complex things happening. Having a separate programmable Accent gate out is genius. Using that with external switching or CV lag processors can do some great variations to a normally static step sequencer.
helix
just got mine, should be here monday/tuesday, probabaly going to pull out my analog solutions SQ8, as it's just too deep its stopping me be able to put a back panel on my case!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1