MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Want to share 1 pedalboard between 2 inst., sent to 2 amps..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Want to share 1 pedalboard between 2 inst., sent to 2 amps..
atari5200
Help me brainstorm, I feel a simple DIY solution is possible but it's eluding me...
I have a fun pedal board, and due to the fact that I like to use many of the same effects on both my modular and guitar I'd like to come up with a way to share the pedalboard for live performance. The kicker is that I want to send the outputs to different amps- I use my modular often for low frequency stuff and my guitar amp gets too muddy pumping everything through it.

What I'm thinking of is a box that I have both instruments plugged into, with a loop in/out just like a typical FX loop pedal, then 2 outputs, going to the individual amps. Ideally, when, say, the guitar is not going through the loop it's going directly to the output, and likewise for channel 2, so essentially, I'm just switching in the FX chain into either input. However it isn't a dealbreaker if only 1 input is "live" at a time, I'm going to have a looper at the end of each output to stack sounds so that's not a huge deal.

The thing that is causing me the most difficulty is that I'd like it to be a 1-switch affair....

I welcome any thoughts, I feel like this should be a fairly easy project and I'm just not considering my options carefully enough. I think a 4PDT switch will get me what I want, looking for some good schematics.....
My confusion is probably due to lack of coffee seriously, i just don't get it
schenkzoola
How about something like this?
The switch would be a 4PDT type.

atari5200
schenkzoola wrote:
How about something like this?
The switch would be a 4PDT type.

Yup, pretty much exactly like that, I'm just struggling with figuring out how to wire the switch properly
schenkzoola
Well, I'm pretty sure that schematic is what you are looking for, and will work if wired as drawn.

Each switch that is depicted is one pole of your 4PDT switch. The terminal 2's represented above are the commons for each pole. Terminal 1's are the normally closed, and 3 the normally open.
atari5200
schenkzoola wrote:
Well, I'm pretty sure that schematic is what you are looking for, and will work if wired as drawn.

Each switch that is depicted is one pole of your 4PDT switch. The terminal 2's represented above are the commons for each pole. Terminal 1's are the normally closed, and 3 the normally open.

Ah, gotcha, that makes sense- Yes, looks like that's what I want, thanks for your help! thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1