MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

midi control change randomizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author midi control change randomizer
midirobot
Hello,
looking for a midi CC randomizer,does exist a unit that let you randomise something like 8 CC in one time ?
Saw that midipal can do it but only 2 CC at time...
plan to use it to randomise some value on my Digitakt.
would be great if someone knows !!
Joe.
Run some midipals in series?
midirobot
could be a solution,if nothing else exist.
Robert McLeod
A Yamaha MEP4 perhaps?
KaOsphere
I recently invested in an event processor plus from midi solutions.

Use one lfo to generate random values on any cc you want. Use conditional trigs to store values in the processor.
Use these values in a new generated message...
32 operations/function slots possibles.

The new firmware of the retrokits RK002 could be of some help too...

I'm working on a semi generative setup with an a4,DN and OT atm and the event processor has been a great addition to get rid of computer for midi processing...
djthopa
https://www.gibbondigital.com/collections/midi-devices/products/goliat h

Havent had time to use mine yet with the jomox modbrane midi in, but its one of the devices functions.
RustyO
djthopa wrote:
https://www.gibbondigital.com/collections/midi-devices/products/goliat h

Havent had time to use mine yet with the jomox modbrane midi in, but its one of the devices functions.

As above. I've got two of these little babies; check them out.
chvad
it's software but a friend of mine and I came up with this years ago. not sure if it'll run on current OS but it did what you were asking:
http://www.gradywerks.com/cc.htm?i=1
midirobot
Thanks for all suggestion !

wow this goliath from gibbon is exactely what i was looking for,
will order it now : )
could be a great perfomance tool for elektron boxes,
any experience with them ?
wwith digitakt specially.
guga
together with randomization (for which you have three 'bunches', each can hold up to 16 MIDI CCs), you can also control the parameters at once with the encoder, which can give some nice results hihi it works similarly to CTRAL on the MD and on some of the new Elektron's machines.
any more questions, i'll be happy to help smile
midirobot
hey great ! thanks for this precision seems a nice midi box,now waiting for it : )
guga
nnice smile ..it should be on its way already
BenJBX
It's a doddle to do these kind of midi transforms in an arduino. Only rudimentary coding skills are needed and there's tons of example programs on line.
KaOsphere
midirobot wrote:
hey great ! thanks for this precision seems a nice midi box,now waiting for it : )

Do you mind if I ask you how long it took for you to receive yours and where are you based ?

I ordered on feb 10th, got a shipping confirmation but unfortunately no tracking number avaliable and it seems it still won't be here today.

I sold and bought tons of modules to and from Germany and shipping never exceeded 5 days...
guga
KaOsphere wrote:

Do you mind if I ask you how long it took for you to receive yours and where are you based ?

I ordered on feb 10th, got a shipping confirmation but unfortunately no tracking number avaliable and it seems it still won't be here today.

I sold and bought tons of modules to and from Germany and shipping never exceeded 5 days...

hey KaOsphere, i'm sorry to hear that confused
let's see what happens in the next days; it could take few more to be delivered, depending on where you are located (although, unless you're overseas, it usually doesn't take too long). hopefully it'll be with you soon.
i hope this helps and if anything, please do let me know
KaOsphere
Hi Guga, thanks for the reply,I'll let you know if anything comes but when I went to the post office on saturday they confirmed that the delay was far from normal...
I'll drop you a line in few days...
Votek_Mendo
The NORD MODULAR is crazy for that type of stuff.
Just create a midi patch that controls a bunch of CC's and then use the patch mutator to create and saves all the best variations.
BEST FEATURE EVER
deb76
Votek_Mendo wrote:
The NORD MODULAR is crazy for that type of stuff.
Just create a midi patch that controls a bunch of CC's and then use the patch mutator to create and saves all the best variations.
BEST FEATURE EVER

Yes. Absolutely. I like to control my virtual synths or hardware with my Clavia G2 Engine. We obtain very interesting results with the different modules Random, LFO, S & H, etc.
Nelson Baboon
based on this thread, I picked up a Gibbon Goliath.

I've had one session with it, and i found it to be great fun. I used it with a synth that has lots of knobs that send out cc's - the modor nf-1. To get to a point where you are controlling that many sound parameters (16) so quickly - both with a knob, and randomizing with a button press, is really, well, fun. I'd love to see them release a bigger version of this that does more things, but with this at its core. At this price, it might even be worth having 2 of these, one in each hand, and perhaps another for my tail.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1