MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dual VCA on strip board...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Dual VCA on strip board...
noddyspuncture
Hi folks,

I just finished this dual VCA based on the 13700 dual OTA... now need to add the IC's and connect the power and in/out leads and it'll be ready to test... cool

schenkzoola
Looks like a nice clean board. I like how you stood your trimmers up on end. Good work!
noddyspuncture
schenkzoola wrote:
Looks like a nice clean board. I like how you stood your trimmers up on end. Good work!

Cheers, those trimmers are 'pulls' from old Yamaha organs..! I always harvest old circuit boards.. haven't bought a 1n4148 in years...!

It's peanut butter jelly time!
HighLordFixer
that looks slick for a vero... can you post your schematic.... have bunch of those OTA's around here from making late MS clone filters... or at the very least can maybe make strip board diagram... 13700 dual OTA & TL072s???
BTW completely comprehend componet harvesting... lost track of how many Tube TV's Eye have scored from the trash then completely desoldered... yet some of those old yamaha organs are basicly some cs80 guts
noddyspuncture
HighLordFixer wrote:
that looks slick for a vero... can you post your schematic....

Yeah sure... need to get my scanner up and running first though... hihi
HighLordFixer
no big stress... did you use design from the datasheet or another source?
noddyspuncture
Here you go... I just collected some schematics from the net, sorted through them and decided which one to build.

I've previously made a single one and now this dual one. Here's the schematic and also the strip board layouts of the two I've built. Hope my drawings make sense...!?

Cheerz,
Tom

HighLordFixer
AWESOME!
when have some extra time eye can attempt putting those in DIY stripboard maker or something for better documented version...
need the practice anyway...
before embark upon massive vero modules project somewhat soon
nigel
That's exactly the VCA cell from the Barton Quad VCA / mixer, so it would be polite to reference that. (Which itself references and is based on the Thomas Henry VCA-1, and probably many similar builds.)
noddyspuncture
nigel wrote:
That's exactly the VCA cell from the Barton Quad VCA / mixer, so it would be polite to reference that.

I didn't know - and you just did... hmmm.....
col
noddyspuncture wrote:
nigel wrote:
That's exactly the VCA cell from the Barton Quad VCA / mixer, so it would be polite to reference that.

Which came from a Thomas Henry design, also needs a mention hihi
noddyspuncture
col wrote:
noddyspuncture wrote:
nigel wrote:

Which came from a Thomas Henry design, also needs a mention hihi

And I designed the two strip board 'layouts'...don't forget about that...! cool
HighLordFixer

http://www.n01ze.com/synthwizards/Forum/showthread.php?tid=5634&pid=59 00#pid5900

Here try the old stripboard designer...
DIY Layout Designer may be helpful for you in the future!
gives you parts list
has "circuit tester"
plus makes an optional PCB layout design image
started slapping together layout then realized didn't want fighting some things in the sketch...
red lines & revision marks...
when started toying with this at 6am...
anyways... java....
may try again later when more awake & have extra time in between projects

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1