MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Motu Ultralite mk3 and Ableton Live 9 Suite
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Motu Ultralite mk3 and Ableton Live 9 Suite
skiddlydatdoot
I recently purchased a used Motu Ultralite mk3. Installed the latest drivers, read the manual, unmuted channels, routed channels to the main outs and routed the headphones properly. I can play with the EQ fine and everything in cuemix is fun. But I can't get audio into Ableton Live 9 Suite and it's killing me. It shows up under Asio devices I can select it, I've configured the channels to mirror how I have them set up in cuemix. I learned about the silly numbering not matching up in Ableton with the i/o on the interface and made sure everything was lining up. I'm shit out of ideas. Please help! very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating
Oldstench
Don't use CueMix for what you're doing. All your inputs and mixes should be muted.

Go to Ableton preferences, select the input configuration option, and make sure to enable any of the inputs that you want active in Live. Remember, 1/2 are Inst 1 and Inst2, 3/4 is Input 1/2, 5/6 is Input 3/4, etc.

Inside of Ableton, create a new audio track, set the input to Ext In, and select the proper channel based on where you have your input plugged in.

Live 10 makes this much easier since you can add custom labels to the channels so they properly correspond to the device.

PM me if this doesn't make sense and we can Skype about it or whatever.
hamildad
I've just been through this with an 828 Mk3.

its difficult as I wanted to use the 828 without a Computer sometimes but mostly within Ableton.

the above advice is good, but try to think about using either cuemix OR Ableton as they both do the same thing.... its when I have got a previously routed cue mix set up and then Ableton that I start to headspin.
Oldstench
hamildad wrote:
I've just been through this with an 828 Mk3.

its difficult as I wanted to use the 828 without a Computer sometimes but mostly within Ableton.

the above advice is good, but try to think about using either cuemix OR Ableton as they both do the same thing.... its when I have got a previously routed cue mix set up and then Ableton that I start to headspin.

Yeah - I was basing my advice on the fact that he wanted to use Ableton. I usually use Ableton so it always takes me 20 minutes to figure out how to set up a CueMix from the front panel if I just want to listen to a record without turning on my computer.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1