MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Issue in Diptrace GERBER export: black circle bottom left
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Issue in Diptrace GERBER export: black circle bottom left
batchas
I remember seing this before, but I don't remember how I got rid of it!
So I need to ask for advice here.

In the GERBER files I exported the last 3 days, I have a mark at the bottom left (a filled circle) in the N/C Drill layer (Through.drl) which of course I do not have on my original working files, the PCB made in Diptrace.
I didn't change any settings. Weird.
Any clue what is going wrong?

GERBER:

DIPTRACE N/C Drill preview:
Morphology
Is it not appearing on the drill layer simply because its centre is outside the board edge?
batchas
Morphology wrote:
Is it not appearing on the drill layer simply because its centre is outside the board edge?

Sorry if it was not clear.
There is no hole on the pcb.
This black circle is only added on the drill layer seen in the GERBER preview but nowhere else to be seen on the PCBs I did recently in Diptrace (panel and circuits).

Must be a point somewhere well hidden, but even if I select "all", I don't see it.
Not only on 1 work, but all the last ones.
Not sure it is not only on the PCBs I did where I imported a dxf in the process near the end (like adding a new element). Must be a difference with the other ones where all GERBER are ok.
I remember when I started using Diptrace seing these in the GERBER.
batchas
Even zooming out etc, I do not see any hidden element. Not even sure it's a hidden element (+ as mentionned, same on different PCBs).

batchas
Ok I check all PCB boards and panels. Nothing hidden.
Must be something else.
Annoying.

Maybe someone had the same issue and will pop in.
batchas
Okay. I guess we're coming closer to the source of the issue (if any).
I changed colours in the GERBER previewer.
It's not only 1 hole.

It's not appearing on the other projects I did, that's why I got uncertain, but maybe it's even simply totally normal and I should not worry like this?

tobb
it does not matter,what counts is what you see in the preview of the drill and top/bottom files.

It looks like on on your preview file the FINE black circle represent the hole cutout/drill and the brown/grey circle is the copper trace, the fine black circle will always be present because it represent the hole,but you can get rid of the brown/grey (signal) circle (Black in the first pic) when you right click on properties ,set hole diameter and outer diameter at same values and its gone.

If you don't want to see the fine black means you want only a circular trace on the board and NO hole,then you have to use the line drawing tool ,draw a circle and then set it to 'signal',then there will be no black circle in the nc/dril preview because there is no hole.

If you don't want to see the black circle like in the first post then set hole diameter and outer diameter at same values and its gone (right click properties).

batchas
tobb wrote:
it does not matter,what counts is what you see in the preview of the drill and top/bottom files.

Thanks a lot thumbs up
I worried too much then!

For the rest (brown, grey etc) it's all on purpose (pcb panels for BugBrand system).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1