MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

midi to cv of synthi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author midi to cv of synthi
ix
Got a newish vcs3 with the 10 turn dial and 100k resitor cables but can i get the thing doing anything close to resembling western tuning , its amazing for terry riley or persian styles smile....wondering what i am doing wrong as it just wont seem to track beyond about 4 notes and thats on a good day .

Does the synthi with a 10 turn dial for scaling and the ems cables with resistors still need a special cv voltage sent ?
papz
Oscillators 1 and 2 in a good working properly calibrated VCS3 or Synthi A track on about 5 octaves up and 3 octaves down (negative CV) with the vernier dial set to around 5 in western equal temperament.

The 100k resistor in the cable avoids overdriving the input amp.
Do you well mean it has a 10 turn input level pot or is it how you call the oscillator vernier dial (whose ratio is actually 4, not 10) ? The 10 turn input level pot helps accurate scaling of the incoming CV.
With a normal single turn input level pot, it is tricky to tweak but that's possible, around 6 for western equal temperament in 1V/oct.
ix
papz wrote:
Oscillators 1 and 2 in a good working properly calibrated VCS3 or Synthi A track on about 5 octaves up and 3 octaves down (negative CV) with the vernier dial set to around 5 in western equal temperament.

The 100k resistor in the cable avoids overdriving the input amp.
Do you well mean it has a 10 turn input level pot or is it how you call the oscillator vernier dial (whose ratio is actually 4, not 10) ? The 10 turn input level pot helps accurate scaling of the incoming CV.
With a normal single turn input level pot, it is tricky to tweak but that's possible, around 6 for western equal temperament in 1V/oct.

yeah its the 1O turn pot on ch1 input for cv scaling i have , still seems very hard to get it tracking over any decent range , 2 oct with be nice.... , i think i must be doing something really wrong and i will try another cable or 2 i think , its a new vcs3 with 2 cables robin provided with resistors built in for cv / scaling he said or so you can use 1v/oct cv i think....its pretty new so i do not think its the osc's . probably just me off my head ! pilot error
papz
Then I rather suspect a pilot error indeed.
What's your patch ?
Hiwatt Bob
Where do you have the CH 1 Input Level pot set? To around 6-ish?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1