MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Oscillator, Filter, and Envelope similar to the Jupiter 4
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Oscillator, Filter, and Envelope similar to the Jupiter 4
adg21
I've had a Jupiter 4 for 10 years and I love it. I'm really keen to create a (simple single oscillator) Eurorack modular system that has pretty much the same sounding oscillator and filter to this synth. There's so much out there so I'm just looking for a similar sounding oscillator, and a filter that is similar to the BA662 or IR3109 chips, and then an ultra-snappy ADSR envelope. Any help with any of this much appreciated.
adg21
The internet is directing me towards the Frequency Central System X stuff. Am I barking up the correct tree?
electrik noize
Not sure about the VCO and EG but another option for the filter would be http://amsynths.co.uk/home/products/filters/am8104-jp04-filter/
adg21
Looks good, but pretty much none of that stuff is actually available
leeski
Yes AMSynths are hard to buy from, but the products are good when they are around which is a rare thing. Goto be fast.
langley
Have you seen the SPV355? Not euro but it would be hard to get modules for the price. I have JP4 and SPV 355 and have also tried to get close in euro. maybe the ajhsynth vcos and ripple would come close. frequency central envelopes would be a good bet too.
ThisDudeAbides
From what I understand, the Roland/Malekko 521 VCF module is based on the old 121 module from the system 100m.

I'm saving up for a complete system 500 myself. Just like you, I can't get enough of that BA662 sound.
TemplarK
langley wrote:
Have you seen the SPV355? Not euro but it would be hard to get modules for the price. I have JP4 and SPV 355 and have also tried to get close in euro. maybe the ajhsynth vcos and ripple would come close. frequency central envelopes would be a good bet too.

How close is the SPV355 to the Jupiter 4? Is there many sounds you can't get with the SPV355?

Jupiter 4 is my absolute dream synth, its "the one" that i'll always dream of, I really hope AMSynths come close with the filter and VCO!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1