MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Filter / Sinewave Oscilator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Filter / Sinewave Oscilator
lobra
Looking for a good filter / pure sinewave oscillator (preferably linked and more than one)

I currently use the qu bit tone (great module) but, id love something that could do fm and have a 1v/oct as well. also it is the biggest pain to tune.

I currently use the serge triple waveshaper to shape the sines. Mainly looking for something that has 2 - 3 linked filters.
pieter
Sara VCF is a great dual filter with clean sines and 1v/oct tracking over 4-5 octaves. I have used one sine to modulate the other, with very nice results (almost rhodes-like).
dysonant
I'd definitely second the Sara, but I am falling in love with the Topobrillo Multifilter and have had a long affair with Three Sisters.
TemplarK
RES 4
dysonant
TemplarK wrote:
RES 4

unobtainium
lobra
TemplarK wrote:
RES 4

HA, I was lowkey scared someone would recommend this. Im completely full on my 6 u case and low on cash... maybe one day..

Toppobrillo multifilter is a great option (love all the toppobrillo stuff) as well as the sara.
phase ghost
Korgasmatron handles this duty quite nicely.
evs
Look out, most filters are not temperature compensated.
There was a thread around here, I think I started it, where all temperature compensated filters were listed...
droningsphagettimonster
belgrad
Bartimaeus
isn't the uVCF supposed to create a notoriously clean sine wave?

You can also get other waveforms by selfpatching, as is true for many MMF's.
funky catsmell
I don't have a scope to check it out, but to my ear the division 6 filtare seIII produces a lovely clean sine—it spends a lot of time as a modulator in my system.
R.U.Nuts
droningsphagettimonster wrote:
belgrad

Belgrad is great for sines. The sines sound pretty clean to my ear, 1V/oct tracking is solid and you have some on-board waveshaping possibilities with the Tito switch. However: The two filter cores are not controlled individually. And you only have a single output for both. If you want to tune the frequencies you'll first have to adjust the span-parameter to adjust the frequency offset between both sines and then set the balance control either CCW or CW so you'll only hear one sine and then tune this one to your desired base frequency. If you tune before adjusting span, you'll mess up your tuning.
But anyway: Belgrad pretty much rules. I love it going gnarly when set to self-modulation, but it also sounds super smooth without.
lobra
Thanks for all the suggestions!

still really digging the multifilter. any other linked filter options like the tone?
lobra
evs wrote:
There was a thread around here, I think I started it, where all temperature compensated filters were listed...

This is actually my first time hearing about this... Ive actually noticed how some of my filters have come out of tune with each other over time. This actually makes alot of sense

How to fix this problem tho hmmm.....
TemplarK
lobra wrote:
evs wrote:

This is actually my first time hearing about this... Ive actually noticed how some of my filters have come out of tune with each other over time. This actually makes alot of sense

How to fix this problem tho hmmm.....

use a digital filter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=674&v=cTLwwsirfnY

This thing looks a beast actually!
lobra
Hmmmm... not sure if it would fit in my setup but it really sounds sooo good

BTW I forgot to post this:https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/591864

Thats the setup i work with
Eurtrude
+1 on the µVCF !

Very cool for sinewaves (I use it a LOT for this task).

And if you patch BP out in the INPUT of the filter, you'll have a beautiful saw smile
jwm
its not exactly what you asked for, but something else (maybe) to check out is dr octature II from intellijel?

super versatile and tasty as a filter/lfo/vco, but its one of the few self oscillating filters that also has a fine tune control (there might be others, i just can't think of any off the top of my head this morning)
mskala
jwm wrote:
its not exactly what you asked for, but something else (maybe) to check out is dr octature II from intellijel?

super versatile and tasty as a filter/lfo/vco, but its one of the few self oscillating filters that also has a fine tune control (there might be others, i just can't think of any off the top of my head this morning)

Yeah, that's a nice module. Choice of several different filter curves when it's running as a filter, and eight different phases of the single sine wave output when it's running as an LFO/VCO. It's only one filter in the large module, though, and not temperature controlled. I'm kind of at a loss for how to answer the original poster's desire for more than one filter "linked" in a module - I'm not even sure what that means, and it's not going to be an easy mix with the other desired features.

I sell the Leapfrog VCF, which has fine tuning and temperature compensation (also non-TZ linear FM) so it can work as a decent sine VCO - but that too is only one filter in the module, not a multiple unit.
search64
Three Sisters.
igowen
surprised no one has mentioned MI Ripples yet -- it'll give you a great sine wave, has v/oct tracking, plus a built-in VCA.
goiks
QMMF-4. the saturation is delicious.
search64
igowen wrote:
surprised no one has mentioned MI Ripples yet -- it'll give you a great sine wave, has v/oct tracking, plus a built-in VCA.

Probably cause he specifically asked for multiple linked filters.
DickMarker
Under the radar somewhat, Analogue Systems have this:

RS-360

I have one, it's very good.
mritenburg
Check the specs on the Rossum Evolution. It's an excellent filter AND it's designed to track as an oscillator at 1v/oct across several octaves.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2