MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dream Module?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Dream Module?
hkyler01
What does your dream module do?
captjrab
A DC driver sequencer with an LFO on each step or using a master clock or both for off modular sound events.
hkyler01
---
hkyler01
captjrab wrote:
A DC driver sequencer with an LFO on each step or using a master clock or both for off modular sound events.

How do you mean DC driver? Yeah, a clocked multiplier/divider on the LFO for each step would be cool.
captjrab
Something like on the KOMA Filed kit or the Bastl Motor, Sensor and Solenoid modules. I’m really getting into controling off modular breakout devices and mini instalations and combining them with my modular work. Having the ability to control and sequence sereral motors, solenoids, magnets, at once and then route the acoustic sounds into the modular via contact mics, lavelears then into the modular for further enhancements and mixing with inboard modular patches is “the dream’. Im already doing this, in fact I have a gig tomorrow night if anyone in SF is reading this and interested.
hsosdrum
• 5U height

• Connect to Dotcom power

• Built by Moog

• Sound, behave and interface exactly like a Moog 904A LPF

• BE AVAILABLE FOR STAND-ALONE PURCHASE IN THIS ACTUAL PHYSICAL WORLD
AW198
Just like a normal module but 10x cheaper
cptnal
It doesn't exist. You often see posts asking, "recommend me a module that will stop it raining/make cookies/bring about world peace" when all they really need to do is learn how to patch. zombie
ranix
I've been thinking about a module that's 6 small oscilloscope screens and shows x/y waveforms for tuning audio rate modulation sources against a carrier waveform and each other and having a visual representation of how in-tune the 7 oscillators are at all times
hkyler01
captjrab wrote:
Something like on the KOMA Filed kit or the Bastl Motor, Sensor and Solenoid modules. I’m really getting into controling off modular breakout devices and mini instalations and combining them with my modular work. Having the ability to control and sequence sereral motors, solenoids, magnets, at once and then route the acoustic sounds into the modular via contact mics, lavelears then into the modular for further enhancements and mixing with inboard modular patches is “the dream’. Im already doing this, in fact I have a gig tomorrow night if anyone in SF is reading this and interested.

I dig. I would definitely be interested in seeing a video of this! Please post after the gig if you record any of it.
hkyler01
AW198 wrote:

Haha....I second that..
Parnelli
I refuse to say on a public forum... Miley Cyrus
hkyler01
ranix wrote:
I've been thinking about a module that's 6 small oscilloscope screens and shows x/y waveforms for tuning audio rate modulation sources against a carrier waveform and each other and having a visual representation of how in-tune the 7 oscillators are at all times

I feel you on that.
hkyler01
What about utility modules? Some crazy modulation source or clock? Or general function. Maybe performance related?
captjrab
hkyler01 wrote:
captjrab wrote:

I dig. I would definitely be interested in seeing a video of this! Please post after the gig if you record any of it.

Theres a few IG vids up, link in sinature. Ill try and record the gig, tho that may be one step too many trying to rein everything in.
lisa
AW198 wrote:

That would mean that Behringer got into modulars. For that to happen modular would have to become popular for real. Are you really sure that you would like that? wink

I would! I've just noticed that many people into modulars like it to be a bit of an exclusive club. meh
NorthBro
A real Radio AM/FM/ShortWave/AirBand with CV/Gate on .
J3RK
Well, I guess it would consist of an interface module, with a cable full of tiny electrodes that would be carefully inserted into various parts of the brain stem, thalamus, and cortex. Control voltages would be scaled to be very small, in order to hopefully (safely) alter cycles pertaining to dreams...

zombie
Brennanib
Honestly more things like resonators and modal synthesis Devices like the mutables smr and all more strings and things Rockin' Banana!
hsosdrum
AW198 wrote:

Well, since a brand-new Moog IIIC costs $35,000 and consists of 35 modules, that averages $1,000 per "normal" module. I'd happily buy the module I described if it was only 5X cheaper than that ($500).

But I ain't holding my breath.
petersandbach
I'd like a sort of granular/looping sampler which can be removed from the rack and used independently under battery power for field recording purposes :-)
morgve
petersandbach wrote:
I'd like a sort of granular/looping sampler which can be removed from the rack and used independently under battery power for field recording purposes :-)

I guess you should keep an eye on the "Strom Mobile" that Koma is currently developing...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfLnT3LnlS0/

Could be a dream come true for you?
luchog
An all-analog VCLFO with rate ranging from 0.0056hz to 30hz; independent outs for Sine, Triangle, Square/Pulse, Sawtooth, and Ramp waves; another independent out for a phase-shifted Sine wave with knob and CV control over phase; sync in; reset trigger in; and CV control over rate, PWM, and amplitude, with attenuation.

And in my magical dream land of purple unicorns and cotton-candy clouds, it would also be vacuum tube based, just because.
petersandbach
morgve wrote:
petersandbach wrote:

I guess you should keep an eye on the "Strom Mobile" that Koma is currently developing...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfLnT3LnlS0/

Could be a dream come true for you?

hyper hyper
outfigurable
A simple linux-based eurorack module with some basic command-line software. Similar to the Monome Teletype, but something I can ssh into, and run different programs and scripts on it, sending and receiving CV and even audio. This would allow me to control my modular from my laptop without USB or Midi, and wire it to the internet, to respond to events in the world, integrate IoT devices, or create sound based on data or the environment around me. It might also report the state of my system, power load, temperature, and even record the current location. Essentially, a raspberry PI module that integrates right into my modular.

Yes, this could be done by running a linux box and an interface. But somehow having it live in the modular, to be purpose-designed, just seems cooler. Maybe Monome will someday soon add network+ssh to their wonderful Teletype.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2