MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Behringer VC340?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Behringer VC340?
mousegarden
I've done a search here and can't find any posts about this, it's totally mind blowing, got to have one, and from the demos it holds up well against the Roland vocoder.

a100user
Yep sounds very good indeed.
mousegarden
a100user wrote:
Yep sounds very good indeed.

Doesn't it sound good? I was amazed.
sutekina bipu-on
I wasn't planning to get this at all but it is pretty neat seeming... I like to use a lot of string & synth vocal sounds so it might be nice to have this. Is there really just one human voice sound though? or was it a lack of demonstration of the synths capabilities in the vid
? I get it's supposed to be like the Roland but a couple other voice sounds wouldnt hurt smile
AW198
It sounds ridiculously close to the original, and beautifully cheesy - might have to get one as a first Behringer synth...
a100user
sutekina bipu-on wrote:
I wasn't planning to get this at all but it is pretty neat seeming... I like to use a lot of string & synth vocal sounds so it might be nice to have this. Is there really just one human voice sound though? or was it a lack of demonstration of the synths capabilities in the vid
? I get it's supposed to be like the Roland but a couple other voice sounds wouldnt hurt smile

Looks like 4 voice registers and 2 string plus vocoder
dubnspace
$799!
sutekina bipu-on
dubnspace wrote:
$799!

Are you fuckin kidding me, i love vocoder and string synths to death but im not paying 799 for this. Fuck it i'll buy a VT3 and a second Neutron.
dubnspace
sutekina bipu-on wrote:
dubnspace wrote:
$799!

Are you fuckin kidding me, i love vocoder and string synths to death but im not paying 799 for this. Fuck it i'll buy a VT3 and a second Neutron.

ok, that's just about 2x the price of Roland shitty VST in a box boutique,
less than Waldorfs new stringer/vocoder synth,
half the going rate of the SVC-350 and about 1/3 of the going rate for the real deal VP-330
Price is very reasonable, and keep in the mind usual 15% discounts, actual price will be about 680..
sutekina bipu-on
dubnspace wrote:
sutekina bipu-on wrote:
dubnspace wrote:
$799!

half the going rate of the SVC-350 and about 1/3 of the going rate for the real deal VP-330
Price is very reasonable, and keep in the mind usual 15% discounts, actual price will be about 680..

You make a decent point. I need to look into the waldorf more, and if it's really analog not virtual analog then the price doesn't seem so horrible.
dubnspace
sutekina bipu-on wrote:
dubnspace wrote:
sutekina bipu-on wrote:
dubnspace wrote:
$799!

You make a decent point. I need to look into the waldorf more, and if it's really analog not virtual analog then the price doesn't seem so horrible.

yes its 100% analog.
Robscorch
dubnspace wrote:
sutekina bipu-on wrote:
dubnspace wrote:
sutekina bipu-on wrote:
dubnspace wrote:
$799!

yes its 100% analog.

Then the price seems fairly reasonable. Sounds incredible actually and quite a value considering inflation and all that when the original was released. Build quality is my only worry with this one and I'm sure they will sell a few thousand of these things anyway.
thee ghost ov n_phay
Baffled as to why they chopped an octave off the original. Might be interested if it was a midi expander or desktop unit, but not in a 3-oct version confused
h4ndcrafted
DT version coming soon...
chvad
Yeah man... This sounds fantastic. Def have plans on grabbing this.
numan7
thee ghost ov n_phay wrote:
Baffled as to why they chopped an octave off the original. Might be interested if it was a midi expander or desktop unit, but not in a 3-oct version

i can imagine various reasons (most of which i do not consider very worthwhile to go on at length about in this forum) for uli behringer not wanting to release exact physical clones of things. and making the keyboard a different size than the original instrument does that in some ways.

perhaps it also (intentionally?) gives roland a chance to re-release the "full-size" vp-330 version should they ever feel so inclined, which seems fairly magnanimous to me.

anyways fwiw, i read that the divide-down circuitry covers 4 octaves, so you actually get 49-notes para-phony (as on the vp-330) if you play it with an external midi controller or sequencer.

as for me, i'd love to have two of these!! :singingcat:

cheers
numan7
h4ndcrafted wrote:

what's that?

cheers
sutekina bipu-on
h4ndcrafted wrote:

Seriously?
chvad
numan7 wrote:
h4ndcrafted wrote:

what's that?

cheers

I'd guess desktop
dubnspace
there's no desktop coming from Behringer.
They're only making a run of 1000 of these for now..
numan7
ha, google led me to think it might have something to do with http://www.dtronics.nl/pages/dt7.html (which does look very, very cool if you have a dx synthesizer).

but "desktop" makes more sense.

cheers
numan7
dubnspace wrote:
there's no desktop coming from Behringer.
They're only making a run of 1000 of these for now..

confused so maybe dtronics after all (in which case i'd guess it's a desktop, based on their other products, and also that it will cost more than the vp-340)... or is handcrafted just trying to pull our leg (so to speak)?

cheers
sutekina bipu-on
I guess limiting it to 1000 is how they're gonna make these fly off the shelves. And damn it handcrafted d'oh!
dubnspace
sutekina bipu-on wrote:
I guess limiting it to 1000 is how they're gonna make these fly off the shelves. And damn it handcrafted d'oh!

it doesn't seem to be an issue of being "limited", it's more an issue of an initial run of 1000 to see if there's enough interest to produce more.. Uli stated over on GS, they would need 1000 preorders to move forward with production, pricing it at $999, and would need 5000 preorders to get it to the $799 pricepoint. Uli came back and said despite them not having 1000 preorders yet, he decided to produce it anyway and still price it at $799
sutekina bipu-on
dubnspace wrote:
sutekina bipu-on wrote:

it doesn't seem to be an issue of being "limited", it's more an issue of an initial run of 1000 to see if there's enough interest to produce more.. Uli stated over on GS, they would need 1000 preorders to move forward with production, pricing it at $999, and would need 5000 preorders to get it to the $799 pricepoint. Uli came back and said despite them not having 1000 preorders yet, he decided to produce it anyway and still price it at $799

Oh ok, i see. Well, i just made a little more room on my keyboard stand, it wouldn't kill me to buy this. seriously, i just don't get it
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5