MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Post pics of your modular/studio setup!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 129, 130, 131  Next [all]
Author Post pics of your modular/studio setup!
MrDys
DGTom wrote:

I've been looking at these kinds of racks, is that 4U @ the front? How do you think it would go mounting modules at the front of the slanted rack & in the front facing space?

I like the modular on floorboards thing you have going there also 8)

It's 3U at the front. Originally, that was because I was going to mount the MOTM-900 power supply on its side (it's 3U in width). The case has a little trap door in the back which can swing open for power cables and whatnot, and now I'm thinking of trying to find a way to mount the PS directly in front of that trap door and use the 3U in front for frack modules or a euro subrack.

I won't have a problem with having mods both at the front and on top, provided that I don't keep the case on the floor. I'm moving apartments in a few weeks, so this exercise in backstrain is temporary.
mono-poly
Kent wrote:
Mono-Poly,

In looking at your photos, I am reminded of the days of my youth. Specifically, the day that I first heard the phrase: "Holy Fuck!"

Merci
Kent
"U bent welkom" <- totally guessing...
mono-poly
"Graag gedaan" would have been perfect.
But it's all cool!

w00t
Scaff
My modular corner. This is a temporary situation since i got the doepfer a-129-+2 and made my first vocoder experiments

love
carbon111
Current studio setup:

I also have a Mattson Mini Modular but it's not quite set up yet.

Soon! smile
krisp14u
Hi Carbon111
Nice set up
I just love your Pro-One I followed your updates on it on harmony-central (i think) when you where renovating it
When I have the time and money I’m going to get me one of them wooden cases from www.synthwood.com to give my Pro-one the look she deserves also a full overhaul would do no harm
brandon daniel
I spot an OASYS!

Hey carbon, have you compared the saw osc sync on your AL-1 voice model to the Pro One? I think you'll find them similar! My Pro One was used as a reference to which the AL-1 voice model's saw sync was created.
carbon111
krisp14u wrote:
Hi Carbon111
Nice set up
I just love your Pro-One I followed your updates on it on harmony-central (i think) when you where renovating it
When I have the time and money I’m going to get me one of them wooden cases from www.synthwood.com to give my Pro-one the look she deserves also a full overhaul would do no harm

Thanks!

The Pro-One saga is all here now:
http://www.carbon111.com/pro1.html

...for the price the case is a sweet deal I think!

brandon daniel wrote:
I spot an OASYS!

Hey carbon, have you compared the saw osc sync on your AL-1 voice model to the Pro One? I think you'll find them similar! My Pro One was used as a reference to which the AL-1 voice model's saw sync was created.

I'll check that out!
Very interesting! How'd they end up using your Pro-One, Brandon?

I haven't used the AL-1 much at all unfortunately...I've gravitated to the MS-20 emulation for VA-type patches. I love the depth of that sucker! love

For "Sync" sounds I usually just use the real deal - the Pro-One...or the Prophet 600. thumbs up
brandon daniel
carbon111 wrote:

I'll check that out!
Very interesting! How'd they end up using your Pro-One, Brandon?

Well, the old SCI sync sound is really the gold standard for hard sync sweeps, and we no longer had JB's old Prophet 5 hanging around the office, so I had to bring my Pro One in for listening/comparison tests.

Quote:

I haven't used the AL-1 much at all unfortunately...I've gravitated to the MS-20 emulation for VA-type patches. I love the depth of that sucker! love

Understandable, I think the AL-1 would have benefitted from a filter that had nonlinearity in the feedback loop, like the MS20 and Polysix emulations. Any time I start programming an AL-1 sound, the filter really kills it for me. But the oscillator sections are really great.
dkcg
Is that the same Serge? Or do you have a Serge for every room? lol

And I'm curious what those big round things on the moogerfoogers are. Robotic CV controlled dial turners? hyper
ehdyn
dkcg wrote:
Is that the same Serge? Or do you have a Serge for every room? lol

And I'm curious what those big round things on the moogerfoogers are. Robotic CV controlled dial turners? hyper

Might be Grados
carbon111
lol

It's the Same Serge. After adding the TKB I needed to find another spot for it...I'm still trying to make it more ergonomic to use and add the Creature to my "Serging area" as well...

We'll see how it goes. meh
carbon111
ehdyn wrote:

Might be Grados

Yes! 8)
timmah
nothing particularly exciting here, but it gets the job done.
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
carbon111 wrote:

I SEE CIRCLE CAT! we're not worthy
Suburban Bather
timmah wrote:
nothing particularly exciting here, but it gets the job done.

Are you kidding me? Jesus action figure in the house!

less gear<more productivity
Gordon Cole
Ghost
Gordon Cole
Ghost
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
lolwatt?
sydilaxe
Wow...a rare paper face Modcan, inspired by homemade Serge panels from the 1970s. Nice!
krisp14u
I got a new toy SlayerBadger!
every pot is as scratchy as hell it needs a new power supply and a full overhaul and I love it love love

It will give me something to do in my spare time
MrDys
I'm intrigued by the D-A converter.
BugBrand
Oh YEAH!
mono-poly
Nice Digisound!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 129, 130, 131  Next [all]
Page 2 of 131