MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Post pics of your modular/studio setup!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 129, 130, 131  Next [all]
Author Post pics of your modular/studio setup!
Doglien

[/img]

Here's my current setup. Reason at the heart of it!
helmet_lampshade
Humble confused
VM
Lean, mean, powerdrone machine.

3hands
Rollerbones
"Inherited" and newb.
No idea what to purchase since this was given to me as-is but will read and learn I guess.

I have a Akai Force that I will sell and purchase more modules as soon as I figure out what I need/want. smile

lisa
Rollerbones: Not a bad start! I'd like to have a dual channel sequencer and a quad LFO or such to really be able to make the most out of it but there's already a lot of possibilities in that setup.
Rollerbones
Thanks, will mess around a bit and add on (when I actually have time!)
Guess I will sell the Force... (Neve play with that anyhow)

lisa wrote:
Rollerbones: Not a bad start! I'd like to have a dual channel sequencer and a quad LFO or such to really be able to make the most out of it but there's already a lot of possibilities in that setup.
Shledge
All blank areas filled, looking a lot nicer than my old haphazard 3-case setup.

Before:

After:
khakifridge
^^ That's a very cool transformation. The "after" looks stunning. cool
naturligfunktion
iamkory wrote:
Moved a few months ago, but this was in the middle of being neck deep in sloppy, sloppy cables before packing it up to move. Haven’t gotten fully set up in the new house yet, though :(

I absolutely love your setup mate! Very bright and open, really nice!
lisa
My dual case setup. It’s nice to be able to start a patch even if I have one going. screaming goo yo

Datum
I thought the hanging lampshade was part of the couch for a moment haha screaming goo yo

Lovely setup, so nice and open.
MindMachine
lisa - love your aesthetic and that table is waaay cool. Especially for a small table. Sun
naturligfunktion
lisa very nice setup! Where are your monitors tho?
lisa
Datum wrote:
I thought the hanging lampshade was part of the couch for a moment haha screaming goo yo

Hehe. hihi

Quote:
Lovely setup, so nice and open.

Thanks! But to be honest I had to clean up and remove some shit before I took the photo. Life with two tiny kids is quite cluttered most of the time, I’ve come to notice.

MindMachine wrote:
lisa - love your aesthetic and that table is waaay cool. Especially for a small table. Sun

I don’t know much about small tables myself but thanks! wink

naturligfunktion wrote:
lisa very nice setup! Where are your monitors tho?

Thanks! My speakers are to the left of me when I’m talking the picture. I move around the room a lot when I’m working on a patch so it really doesn’t matter where they are placed.
joeTron
Just one more piece of gear and I swear I'm done! confused
somanyknobs
First modular system, not my first instrument: the concept is Automated Jazz Accompaniment. I play tenor sax phrases at the synth. Those get crunched into CV(RS-35), shifted into a circular buffer(Turing Machine), and played back(Plaits) after a slight delay(DFAM) with semi-random changes to pitch, key, or meter(Scales and Marbles). Ideally, someday, many $$$ from now, it'll respond with jazz improvisation or counterpoint. I know that's ambitious and success is not guaranteed.
However, it's already a nice ambient generative plonker, dystopic siren, and robot voice box, so once I get the Bladerunner/DrWho themes working I'll have all the fundamentals.

If anyone's done or seen anything like this, more than the basic "electric guitar playing a synth" RS-35 demo, I'd love to hear about it, especially with woodwinds/brass as the input.

Equipment List:
Make Noise case, <3 that bus
Intellijel: Audio I/O, Scales, Dubmix
Mutable Instruments: Warps, Marbles, Plaits
Music Thing: Turing Machine +extras
Monsoon
(Recovery): Cutting Room Floor
moog: DFAM (hilariously not used in this pic)
In the Mail: AS RS-35
not shown: tenor sax, microphone, looper pedal, amp, years of sax practice
docile fossil
hello nerds! taking my very first steps into modular this week, leaning on the neutron and 2hp pluck as the jumping-off point. my first mistake was staining the doepfer case. i’ll live with it.

it's been a heck of a week; pardon the bad photos.

(unrelated but part of the family)

being new, the allure of rings into clouds is strong, but there’s plenty to play with for the time being. i’ve got an ornament & crime (from fellow wiggler Useful Noise) and tangle quartet en route, and the roland se02 will be on sequencer duty. not sure where i'll head next just yet! and also i've spent far too much this month, so it's gonna be Quality Patching Time for a while (though a buff mult is probably a good idea).

the sound goal i have in mind is something in the area of the fun years / tim hecker / some flavor of 0pn, all through a generative/modular filter, so to speak. my camera was nearby so i recorded a terrible video of a nice drone section from last night. first steps have been really inspiring!

https://youtu.be/eYnkdiqIMew
StrangeAttraction
How do people solve the issue of wanting to have both the modular and computer screen in the same spot, smack bang between monitor speakers?
My modular is on the side wall at the moment, which drives me nuts. But I need my laptop between monitors during arranging/mixing/mastering. hmm..
fac
StrangeAttraction wrote:
How do people solve the issue of wanting to have both the modular and computer screen in the same spot, smack bang between monitor speakers?
My modular is on the side wall at the moment, which drives me nuts. But I need my laptop between monitors during arranging/mixing/mastering. hmm..

Two solutions:

1) Use a software modular environment.

2) Build a screen module for your modular.

You're welcome smile

(I'm kidding, of course. I feel your pain.)
DCDanno
Hey docile fossil, is that a wooden hand holding cables? Looks cool. Where'd you get it?

docile fossil wrote:
hello nerds! taking my very first steps into modular this week, leaning on the neutron and 2hp pluck as the jumping-off point. my first mistake was staining the doepfer case. i’ll live with it.

it's been a heck of a week; pardon the bad photos.

docile fossil
DCDanno wrote:
Hey docile fossil, is that a wooden hand holding cables? Looks cool. Where'd you get it?

yeah! dick blick or most other larger art supply chains should have some reference hands. it's terrible with modular addict's skinny cables, but otherwise works alright. 10" sounded kinda big so i ended up with this smaller one.

e2: for future people — don't do it. it looks cool and should work but it's more trouble than it's worth.

\/ i love the CT5! Mr. Green
MindMachine
Hey docile fossil did you count to five while that pedal was in the air?

Sorry.

Great pedal though!
DCDanno
docile fossil wrote:
smaller one.

\/ i love the CT5! Mr. Green

Nice! Thanks for the link.
kai-sur
Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 129, 130, 131  Next [all]
Page 130 of 131