MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dodeca/Skylab
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Dodeca/Skylab
Vatican2
Has anyone had luck putting a dodeca in a skylab case? I know clones sometimes don't play well with BEMI cases. I don't want to find out the hard way. Thanks!
lasesentaysiete
I don't know the skylab case dimensions, but the dodecamodule clone by Roman is not particularly deep. Its only 2 pcbs stacked, maybe 30-40mm. Its not like the 208r.
Vatican2
lasesentaysiete wrote:
I don't know the skylab case dimensions, but the dodecamodule clone by Roman is not particularly deep. Its only 2 pcbs stacked, maybe 30-40mm. Its not like the 208r.

I'm not so much worried about the depth. Some clones don't play well with BEMI cases though, and the sides of the PCBs bump into screws on the side of the case.
ArguZ
Nothing a little sanding would not fix...
I would be more worried about screw howl position.
The tinnermans in the closes are pretty flexible, the rivet thread in the Buchla boats are not.
So if the Dodeka panel has slit holes you might be good.
Round holes might be a problem though.
And yes, some modes are to wide and will bum in the screws that connect the side panels. So be flexible with your layout smile
Vatican2
I'm still waiting on my dodeca to arrive. I wanted to put it in a skylab case, but I am thinking I'll wait on getting one until I can check it's fit in my 18u. I know about having to be flexible, but I won't have the option of just putting it in the middle.
lasesentaysiete
Dave's excellent 212r page gives some idea of the pcb dimensions:

http://modularsynthesis.com/roman/buchla212/212dd.htm

Further: you could just ask the builder to measure the pcb clearance from side to side, no?
sempervirent
The 212r will fit into a BEMI boat (at least, it will fit into the 4-space powered boat where my 212r currently resides). Total depth including spring reverb is about 55mm. The screw holes on the panel line up with the threaded holes in the boat, and the PCB doesn't bump into the screws on the left/right edges of the boat either. No problems.
flabby
I can second that! I tried mine in a 12wls, it fitted in the middle boat and lined up, but not in the other two boats. I found the other boats, DIY boats, weedywhizz boats etc to be the best.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1