MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

u_O_C_flat
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author u_O_C_flat
seismic
hi all

i redrew the O_C, cause i badly want one but they didn't fit my case. confused

i ordered some pcb's, but i don't have displays (ordered, but who knows where they are..) so the thing is untested.

placement is a little different then the u_O_C, and i replaced the linear regulator with a cheapo switcher MP1469.

non the less, if somebody wants to play around with kicad:

https://github.com/seismicindustries/u_O_C_flat

if somebody actually checks the files out, and has a look at them, please let me know if you spot any obvious error.
Koryo
Not much help with reviewing your KiCAD, but this looks great. I really like 90° power headers notched into the PCB.
seismic
Koryo wrote:
Not much help with reviewing your KiCAD, but this looks great. I really like 90° power headers notched into the PCB.

you can make it superflat like that, but you'll have to sacrifice some space of the UI for it, but let's say - above 8-10HP that does not count to much. (my opinion)
basically its the same as before, a little less power hungry, but maybe also more noisy.. i'll see if n how they work.. i received the parts from mouser to build me some today. but i still have no clue where my displays are at. seriously, i just don't get it
seismic
so - i've built me some - the boards are working nicely.

i don't have a amperemeter here but my first guess for powerconsumption with the new regulator would be around 45mA on the +12V rail.
seismic
sooo - i also got me some stainless steel laser cut & marked frontpanels

i made a little micropage to get rid of my leftover PCB and frontpanels, in case anybody want's one. i have like 10 or so. there is also a mouser cart and the kicad files linked there.

this is how they turned out:

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1